PortableEverything For All!!!

Should I Include An Option To Download Other Projects On First Project Release?

• Total voters

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
small update to these launchers to fix the update line:
launch_dolphin_beta.bat
launch_fiddler.bat
launch_notepad_plus_plus.bat

use "UpdateNow" at the main menu to force an update

note: launch_everything.bat doesnt use these lines to check for updates so updating everything from this launcher will update them normally

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
What is this? Neither the github, nor this post seem to explain what this project actually is. It seems to be a set of Windows batch files for launching certain programs.

A quick summary explaining who would want to use this and why would help a lot. :)
the name is a summary "portable everything"
basically portableapps but instead of everything being pre-packaged the method for making it portable is done in real time

pros: software that has licenses or requires logins or cannot be repackaged due to licenses can be there, you can see the entire setup process in plaintext and recreate it if you want to

cons: its very likely to break since its a script and this is mostly only a hobby project i do to familiarize myself with different programs and how to make them portable and is a very amateur project that may work but is held together by bandages and shouldnt be taken seriously but if you find any of it helpful then thats nice

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
quick access should now show properly when accessed from an app

menus were compacted a bit

the launch/download/delete menus in everything portable have been expanded to show 3 entries per line

also i added an option to open explorer for the user directory

1643872764123.png

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
added the ability to launch tightvnc server from tightvnc launcher as well as puttygen from winscp launcher as well as fixing the not installed message in notepad++ (tho it doesnt break anything its cosmetic)

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
just updated ppsspp launcher to fix issue with choosing memory cards in the main launcher (not affected in quicklauncher)

this only affects you if you use a real psp / psvita card as memory and only if you dont use the quicklauncher

basically i accidentally put !choice! instead of %choice% and it caused the memory location to put <current drive>:/CHOICE/ if you chose a plugged in memory card

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
note: the steamdeck ui is a beta thing, it may not be fully working in all areas and you may face errors but its as simple as a single letter in the menu to change modes so play around

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
updated qbittorrent to fix an issue with a new naming scheme (qt6 builds are now present and can make the name detection be wrong essentially creating the x86 version with qt6 in its name) :) so update the launcher and thatll fix updates not working (the downside of live generating update urls)

1647143380170.png
1647143400156.png

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So much work , i left a few likes ;)

Thx for your constant work on this and have it maintained.

Is there a Linux Version ?
its just batch launchers that make things more automated also if you can install linux on a system theres very likely no reason for it to be on linux

portableapps should work fine for it

i made this (outdated and no reason or will to maintain as it doesnt really benefit anyone who can just download minecraft and install java on their linux install so yea. it was only made to see if could not if should) last time i was asked which is just me testing to see what maintaining it would be like and decided its not worth it

https://github.com/MarioMasta64/EverythingPortable-Linux

its just plaintext batch script files that say whats done if you wanna try to reproduce doing something on wine or something you can just follow whats under :d in the files

they arent executable files or anything that would be recompiled for another os or anything

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its just batch launchers that make things more automated also if you can install linux on a system theres very likely no reason for it to be on linux

portableapps should work fine for it

i made this (outdated and no reason or will to maintain as it doesnt really benefit anyone who can just download minecraft and install java on their linux install so yea. it was only made to see if could not if should) last time i was asked which is just me testing to see what maintaining it would be like and decided its not worth it

https://github.com/MarioMasta64/EverythingPortable-Linux

its just plaintext batch script files that say whats done if you wanna try to reproduce doing something on wine or something you can just follow whats under :d in the files

they arent executable files or anything that would be recompiled for another os or anything
Thx :)

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
bug fix to the ryujinx launcher:
sometimes for some reason on certain drive letters ryujinx seems to crash with userprofile set
i have no clue why D:\data\Users\MarioMasta64 works but not G:\data\Users\MarioMasta64 for me but yea
also using the portable mode of it now

imma be real with you chief i cannot explain why this happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman