PonyProg + Atmega8, device missing or unknown :(.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to program an Atemga8 using ponyprog and this diagram and settings http://www.hqew.net/circuit-diagram/Simplest-atmega8-programmer-Using-LPT-Port_13015.html

Does not seem to work :(. Just get device missing or unknown device (-24). Checked the wiring, all good. So either it's the program or the programmer I guess. Any ideas, better program that can just use the lpt port? or different programmer, preferably one that you have used and can confirm working (there seems to be loads of designs).

Also how to set fusebits? (assuming I get the program working) Says they should be set to high_byte=0xc9 low_byte=0x9f, ponyprog has a selection for fuse bits, but they are just check boxes. Says you can set them with ponyprog, but does not say how (of course it shows for others, but not the one you use :( ).

Thanks.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh, I give up. Tried a different design and avrdude and it can't find the device. Chinese sellers on ebay sell ready to go programmers for it for £3 or so, based on some guys design and works with avrdude. Just going to get one of them, can't be bothered with stupid parallel port anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended