Hacking Poll: Is your 2.0b2 Gateway working, or bricked?

You own a gateway. Did it brick?

• Total voters

Wildblood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Please only vote if you own a gateway, and have it updated to 2.0b2.

If you're at 2.0b1 you wouldn't be bricked anyway, so by voting you'd skew the results. If you don't own a gateway, then don't vote on behalf of others.
Obviously people with interests might lie, so I wouldn't take the percentage result as super-accurate. However, depending on how it goes, perhaps some useful information can be gleaned.

I've seen wild guesstimates as to the legitimate safety of updating to 2.0b2 - perhaps this can help set the record straight as to how much risk is really involved.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

Wildblood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What about people without GW using 2.0b2 to get access to EmuNAND? Do they count?

If you're exposed to the brick code, it counts. If you're not, then it doesn't. The idea is that Gateway said using their launcher is safe. How many legitimate Gateway users are going through brick hell? That's what this is about.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Never stopped using 2.02b, since release, Powered down 30+ times, even tried to force it to happen, dropped out of system settings in EmuNAND, then back to settings and Gateway mode a few times in a loop too, to see if that would help, Sorry not happening here :)

kirillov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bricked my 3ds when playing Bravely Default, also i broke my 3ds trying to solder it... im waiting for a 3DS XL i bought on ebay and i´ll use it with 2.0b1 until next release.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used b2 for 1-2 weeks and was fine, but once i read about the bricks I have gone back to my ds games until they fix the problem. Not sure if I used b2 long enough to count as a non brick

kirillov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used b2 for 1-2 weeks and was fine, but once i read about the bricks I have gone back to my ds games until they fix the problem. Not sure if I used b2 long enough to count as a non brick

With 2.0b1 you´ll have 0 problems (except b1 bugs), you can use that until 2.0 final relase (if bricks are removed)

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like most people aren't using b2 because they are afraid of bricks. That could easily skew the results. There probably would be a lot more people with bricks if everyone was still using b2. So if it looks like not many people were bricked it could just be because it's rarely used.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
So it looks like most people aren't using b2 because they are afraid of bricks. That could easily skew the results. There probably would be a lot more people with bricks if everyone was still using b2. So if it looks like not many people were bricked it could just be because it's rarely used.

Still impossible to fathom just how many people are using 2.0b2 unaffected by any of this. A little research, a quick purchase, update on the site and play happily. We probably don't hear much from the majority of these users. Also these are probably the majority of users.

Wildblood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Won't skew the results if people read the instructions. It's a poll exclusively for 2.0b2 Gateway users. No clones, no older firmware.

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I used beta2 and played Zelda for 30 hours but the last week or 2 I havnt had much time to play it, so maybe I've dodged a bullet there.

What I cant work out is if the rival teams can modify the code (and inadvertently trigger the bricking code) the their clone flash cards. why cant they just remove the code now we know it is present?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They probably just paid a coder to tell them how to mod the FW to work on their code and cba paying anyone to look into it for them, they know people will still buy the card anyway

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I used beta2 and played Zelda for 30 hours but the last week or 2 I havnt had much time to play it, so maybe I've dodged a bullet there.

What I cant work out is if the rival teams can modify the code (and inadvertently trigger the bricking code) the their clone flash cards. why cant they just remove the code now we know it is present?

Stealing and editing code is far easier than either building the code from scratch or fully having understanding the product when its been reverse engineered. Since the competition has found it necessary to steal the code in the first place it stands to reason they're not quite up to the standard of the GW team's coding ability.

Vrilya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have used beta2 since release and it works as it should... cant help to believe that this talk about GW's bricking consoles is just a hoax that have been spreading from unknown sources as no one seem to have any proof that this is actually the case.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I have used beta2 since release and it works as it should... cant help to believe that this talk about GW's bricking consoles is just a hoax that have been spreading from unknown sources as no one seem to have any proof that this is actually the case.

Pretty sure some long-time users on this site have had legit GW bricks, ofc everything is up against scrutiny... I really want to check out EmuNAND and check out the other new features b2 has to offer but I figure it really can't be that long until it's moved to 2.0f.

Might be more tempted if someone in UK has the rig to unbrick... Would be a happy test bunny then. I'd love to learn how to set up Raspberry Pi but I really don't have the time on my hands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.