OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finally got the game in English, but the damn install is impossible as you need to install a program that doesn't even have an install. If there is anyone out there that has better direction on how to patch the game it would be appreciated.

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are places you can find the game for download already patched at this point. I won't give away any direct links, but a Google search such as "Policenauts English torrent" or "Policenauts English Megaupload" will yield the desired results if you look.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes.

Is it even worth playing though? I mean sure it got a cult classic status in Japan but is it worth bothering with? the last truly impressive adventure game I played was the longest journey.

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the prequel to Snatcher, the classic Sega CD adventure game, and similar in style to that game so if you liked Snatcher, you'll like Policenauts. It is mega-detailed in terms of the amount of stuff you can get information from, has light gun style shooter sequences periodically, anime cutscenes, good music, and a generally good if somewhat derivative plot from what I've played/heard. Puzzle-wise, I haven't gotten to any yet, but if it's like Snatcher, the game is mostly exploration based with only a few puzzles thrown in, albeit the ones in Snatcher were reasonably challenging.

If I had to hazard a guess, you'll probably like the game if you liked The Longest Journey.

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hachibei said:
No. No, it's not.

I'll qualify my earlier statement by saying there's some debate as to whether it's in the same universe or not as Snatcher, though obviously the visual/gameplay style is similar. The in-game storyline is from an earlier time frame than Snatcher's though, so it is a prequel if you consider it in the same universe. In terms of the actual game release, obviously it was released after Snatcher.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HitBattousai said:
Hachibei said:
No. No, it's not.

I'll qualify my earlier statement by saying there's some debate as to whether it's in the same universe or not as Snatcher, though obviously the visual/gameplay style is similar. The in-game storyline is from an earlier time frame than Snatcher's though, so it is a prequel if you consider it in the same universe. In terms of the actual game release, obviously it was released after Snatcher.

No, that still makes no sense. The only connection between the two games is that they both have a lot of references to real life places or events. That's like me saying Goldeneye 007 is a prequel to Call of Duty 4 because both of them have levels that take place in Russia.

If anything, Policenauts is a spiritual sequel to Snatcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==