Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be that the formula would be id^sid^s1^s2 < 16... I would need a shiny with this calculation equal to 15 to prove it...
^ is also used for XORing data.

And there's another SaveEditor that let you Hex Edit the Saves

Once again, if you read that 3dbrew page you'd know we cannot edit the save data of games 2.0.0 and above at the moment. Even launch games have been retroactively fixed, I think.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, if either those 4 is less than 16, then the Pokémon is shiny? (Or well, that's the hypothesis)
Am I understanding this correctly?

EDIT: No, wait, it's when one and only one of those is less than 16...

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I understood that... But I'm not active in logic operators like those, so I wasn't completely sure what XOR was again.
I suppose I could've Googled that instead of asking it here, though.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try to get one this week. But there's already a Temper who has it. He posted a few pages back.

That would be me I think :)

Anyway, the device does not detect either Animal Crossing or Pokemon X/Y. It could be due to there not being saves/codes for those games on Datel's Server. Same thing happened when I also inserted Pilotwings. EU region has saves/codes for Pilotwings, not USA yet.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be me I think :)

Anyway, the device does not detect either Animal Crossing or Pokemon X/Y. It could be due to there not being saves/codes for those games on Datel's Server. Same thing happened when I also inserted Pilotwings. EU region has saves/codes for Pilotwings, not USA yet.

Those games don't work since they use(at least the first two) NAND flash-based saves. They also have some anti-tampering stuff in place to prevent restoring old saves.

Hauro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Ive read somethere that save restoring is impossible because there are 2 saves created, one on the game card nand and the SD Card. So you cant roll back after you traded.

AgoraphobicNosebleed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Ive read somethere that save restoring is impossible because there are 2 saves created, one on the game card nand and the SD Card. So you cant roll back after you traded.

That's not true. you can roll back your save if you backup both.

What I'd like some clarification on is if you can clone with packet injection. I've seen some people in this thread say yes and some say no but I'm leaning more towards no.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's not true. you can roll back your save if you backup both.

What I'd like some clarification on is if you can clone with packet injection. I've seen some people in this thread say yes and some say no but I'm leaning more towards no.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Theoretically it's possible, but Zaneris made it clear that it's still impossible due to the hash :wacko:
For details:#521

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Looks like the drama has died down, so let's just all get along from here on out, huh? You can argue a point without flaming, slinging insults and bringing someone's nationality out onto the carpet.

This may be an English speaking forum, but people of all nationalities are welcome here.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Looks like the drama has died down, so let's just all get along from here on out, huh? You can argue a point without flaming, slinging insults and bringing someone's nationality out onto the carpet.

This may be an English speaking forum, but people of all nationalities are welcome here.

Yeah I'm sorry @kyogre123

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried sniffing the packets from the two 3DS's doing a normal trade and try injecting a edited PKX? Like using your 3DS and a Friends 3DS (or you have a spare and do a trade on Wifi).

otakusensei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If both devices were on wifi and routed through the machine running the sniffer in order to get to the internet the results would basically be the same as what has been attempted. Still going out to Nintendo and passing through that gate, still requiring a hash to come back in. Might be interesting in order to check the hashing, basically two saves sending the same pokemon back and forth a few times to see what changes and try to pin down the method.

I've never tried trading with someone locally without an internet connection, but that would not be possible to sniff as the two devices would not be going through a gateway. Unless local trades can happen over a network without an internet connection, which seemed like more than Nintendo would be willing to allow.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may try trading between my Japanese 3DS and US 3DS sometime this week to see if anything changes when trading the two same pokemon.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do we get the pokemon from the games i tried to the methods with the automatic extract but no luck but if i need another router i dont have one ? im amazed that this come out so fast, i like the pikachu one it a little easier to understand and use but if i had more time i could probably figure out the other one.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh I have a question... couldn't we, for easier setup, set our connections up normally, and just start up a proxy on your PC, and use it as a proxy for your 3DS?
I was thinking of trying fiddler. Obviously the proxy app itself won't show the raw data coming through, but maybe it could work in conjunction with wireshark?
edit: guess not, all that's going through are TCP packets.

DannyAwesome1104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe we could try injecting a packet (if we can) in a regular trade from the GTS, if the timing is right. This is not necessarily the best option, but it could be possible. BTW, people go crazy for a lv. 30 Mawile :). I don't have any experience with injecting or anything like this, so I don't think this is very useful, but hey, I gave it a shot :P lol.

Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe we could try injecting a packet (if we can) in a regular trade from the GTS, if the timing is right. This is not necessarily the best option, but it could be possible. BTW, people go crazy for a lv. 30 Mawile :). I don't have any experience with injecting or anything like this, so I don't think this is very useful, but hey, I gave it a shot :P lol.

GTS is encrypted wont happen and you cant just inject in p2p trade or wonder not without the checksum solved it's been said on almost every page now. (and now this page included)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol