Hacking Pokemon Wi-Fi

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi.
I just bought a DS Lite and I ordered a R4, but I have one question, does the cart work with online play? Such as pokemon trading and battles?

Thank you.

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a long answer anywhere? I just checked The Definitive R4DS/M3simply FAQ thread, Questions? thread and did not find any Wi-Fi information... Can you point me in the right direction, please?

roothorick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has the same "lock your card (SAV) to your DS" problem that official carts do, but I have yet to come across a game that I can't play online off of the R4. You know what, let me go download Diamond and get back to you.

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has the same "lock your card (SAV) to your DS" problem that official carts do, but I have yet to come across a game that I can't play online off of the R4. You know what, let me go download Diamond and get back to you.

Your post sounds like it implies that other flash cartridges don't have this "problem"? I suspect they do and always will. If the game data are in the ROM file (*.nds ) and the personalized data are in the *.SAV file, then anytime the game uses friend codes it will be associated with that specific DS hardware.

But that shouldn't really be a "problem" though... If you put your commercial cart into a different DS than the one used initially, you just generate a new friend code. All that means is that prior friend code exchanges you've made are now invalid and you just need to go through the friend code exchange process again using your new one.

The flash carts, R4 included, should act no differently than a commercial cart in this regard.

striderx

roothorick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your post sounds like it implies that other flash cartridges don't have this "problem"? I suspect they do and always will. If the game data are in the ROM file (*.nds ) and the personalized data are in the *.SAV file, then anytime the game uses friend codes it will be associated with that specific DS hardware.

But that shouldn't really be a "problem" though... If you put your commercial cart into a different DS than the one used initially, you just generate a new friend code. All that means is that prior friend code exchanges you've made are now invalid and you just need to go through the friend code exchange process again using your new one.

The flash carts, R4 included, should act no differently than a commercial cart in this regard.

striderx

And it also deletes any online state data, which means you lose your online rank and a few other things, permanently.

The implication was unintended. No, other cartridges have the same limitation.

newho,

I downloaded Diamond, and played it, and discovered you have to be a fair bit into the game to be able to go online at all. If no one pops up, give me a few weeks, and I'll have an answer for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-