Pokemon SS save problem

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by DarkCrudus, Mar 11, 2011.

Mar 11, 2011

Pokemon SS save problem by DarkCrudus at 3:35 PM (753 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. DarkCrudus
    OP

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    Wasnt sure to put this but my SS rom wont read my save file for some reason =/ pokesav reads it, but my SS just goes n starts a new game any help?

suppose i should mention
    Using Acekard 2i
    Akaio 1.8.6a
    transcend 8gb micro sd
    SS rom is trimmed

here is my save file as well, in case it is needed,
    http://hotfile.com/dl/109800842/c568a0d/47...er.nds.sav.html

2. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    change the name from
    .nds.sav to just .sav and see what happens.

3. DarkCrudus
    OP

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    interesting. had to change my save ext from .nds.sav to just .sav in the AKAIO settings. it does work with the .sav any idea why it doesnt work with the .nds.sav? all my saves are that format

haha actually i booted it with the .sav ran around like 5steps, saved, changed it back to .nds.sav. loaded game, said it was corrupt n loaded the one before i saved with the .sav one so it seems to work now o.o

4. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    in that case, the extension and the name of your save file must have been off.

i have my akaio set to .sav extensions, the .nds.sav seems awfully redundant. Also make sure you have "Hide file extensions from known filetypes" DISABLED in your folder options (assuming you run windows). That way you can see the full filename.