Pokemon Shiny Gold?

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Bridgeman, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Bridgeman
    OP

Bridgeman Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Hello,

I was just wondering, was the rom hack Pokemon Shiny Gold ever finished?

I'm playing Pokemon Fire Red right now, and if this hack is finished I'd like to play it afterwards.
    But if not, I'll just stick to Heart Gold.

2. Torch

Torch Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2012
    Brazil
    I don't know about Shiny Gold, but there is a hack called Pokemon Liquid Crystal out there that looks great, and I'm not sure, but I think it's finished.

3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Uhm, from what I remember, Zel (the hack's creator) hasn't updated Shiny Gold in a very, very long time.

Edit: Very, very, long time, indeed. The last update from Pokecommunity is from 2008. The hack goes up to Fushcia City, but ends there.

4. Bridgeman
    OP

Bridgeman Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    From what I've read on Liquid Crystal, it's not done yet but Johto and Kanto are done. They're just working on the custom made Orange Islands. However, Liquid Crystal has incorporated a day and night system that only works with an emulator that supports a RTC. Which means all of the events that happen during morning / night / dawn will be impossible on an EZ Flash IV (since it does not support RTC).