Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get sys-clk and use this settings:

CPU: Do not overide
GPU: 691 Mhz
MEM: 1600 Mhz

That will give you full texture resolution, no frame drops and more overall stability without over-stressing the console
Enjoy! ;)
You've tested this?

I'll think about something like this if the day 1 patch doesnt help xD.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a switch title.. fps drops are practically normal even if it wasn't a hardware issue. Game patches dont boost performances they only fix ingame bugs or typos. Thats why we have to resort to 60fps mods and overclocking all the time. The game is leaked so don't expect these mods until its officially out for ppl to openly test on.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you playing this on the emulator or real hard ware? because either way the game looks really good, I'm quite impressed it even runs as well as it does on Ryujinx/Yuzu for a game that released a week ahead of time. The Ryujinx team has already fixed the annoying white and yellow tint that randomly appears. Though, in time the frame rates will get better on the emulators. On real Switch hard ware the game looks incredible for a Poke'mon game and plays smoothly with next to no bog down. I love how clean the GUI is as well, the Poke'mon team has done a really good job on these new Poke'mon game's thus far, can't wait to see more. :D

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you playing this on the emulator or real hard ware? because either way the game looks really good, I'm quite impressed it even runs as well as it does on Ryujinx/Yuzu for a game that released a week ahead of time. The Ryujinx team has already fixed the annoying white and yellow tint that randomly appears. Though, in time the frame rates will get better on the emulators. On real Switch hard ware the game looks incredible for a Poke'mon game and plays smoothly with next to no bog down. I love how clean the GUI is as well, the Poke'mon team has done a really good job on these new Poke'mon game's thus far, can't wait to see more. :D
Its a switch title.. fps drops are practically normal even if it wasn't a hardware issue. Game patches dont boost performances they only fix ingame bugs or typos. Thats why we have to resort to 60fps mods and overclocking all the time. The game is leaked so don't expect these mods until its officially out for ppl to openly test on.
I've played a lot of switch games, and this is the worst fps problem I've seen from a big title. The only ones that were worst are ports and indie games like Arc of Alchemist.

It makes the experience quite bad to me.
And I am playing on the switch itself.

Reactions: Centrix

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
This is something we discused way too many times. While GameFreak are masters when it comes to the creative side of things (music, lore, inspiration for the creatures and regions, etc.), they are monkeys when it comes to technical aspects.
It took them 15 years and 5 generations to finally master the art of develop a 2D game, and then they were forced to jump into 3D worlds, and before being able to find their own style, they were forced into the HD world.
I'm not gonna take part into the "money, resources, tools and more" discusion, there's way too many flood around about that. But I do gonna give my honest opinion: Pokémon IS a 2D franchise, it should've never abandoned it and it should return to it asap. Something like the 2D HD style from Square would perfectly suite the franchise.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get sys-clk and use this settings:

CPU: Do not overide
GPU: 691 Mhz
MEM: 1600 Mhz

That will give you full texture resolution, no frame drops and more overall stability without over-stressing the console
Enjoy! ;)
even better if you use 1862 ram and the governor in this sysclk https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite/releases/tag/1.4.0
Post automatically merged:

Even Arceus was much better and it was open world too. Even if not perfect at all, it felt ok to run around.
idk why you are trying to make this game sound much worse than it is. it looks and performs much better than arceus

Reactions: Theone5000

mitrium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've tested this?

I'll think about something like this if the day 1 patch doesnt help xD.
Yep, thats how Im using it at the moment, I actually raised the CPU from 1020 Mhz to 1366 Mhz too and It runs even better, and dont worry about overclocking, as long as you dont get your CPU over 1.7 Ghz and your GPU over 921 Mhz (which is not possible with sys-clk anyway), you are not actually "overclocking" anything as the tegra chip is designed to run at those clocks, if something; the switch its way underclocked.

It will just drain you battery faster if you OC on handheld without the charger plugged in, I just raise the clocks while charging it so I get the extra performance without putting extra draw on the battery.

Let me know how you like those settings :)

Reactions: Jayro and Windsall

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
even better if you use 1862 ram and the governor in this sysclk https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite/releases/tag/1.4.0

idk why you are trying to make this game sound much worse than it is. it looks and performs much better than arceus

I'm surprised to hear this. I thought all others would notice the big difference too.
I played some Arceus and did not feel about it like I do with this. The frame rate is past the line where I consider to be ok in this one, even just walking anywhere, with many more dips too. Really impedes on a smooth gameplay experience I find.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I noticed graphical glitches, where certain rock faces would have their geometry and textures shift around while I was walking up to it. If it was distant I wouldn't care, but I was almost right up on it. Looked like some PS1 texture warping shit. And then eyes of people and Pokemon alike would randomly go dark and everyone looked either stoned or like they had shades on. It was weird. Hopefully these issues get fixed with the day 1 patch.

Not to mention the shadows are fugly and the dithering of grass and trees is just very annoying.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised to hear this. I thought all others would notice the big difference too.
I played some Arceus and did not feel about it like I do with this. The frame rate is past the line where I consider to be ok in this one, even just walking anywhere, with many more dips too. Really impedes on a smooth gameplay experience I find.
I think you forget how badly arceus actually looks and performs. this game is one of the best looking pokemon games in awhile

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you forget how badly arceus actually looks and performs. this game is one of the best looking pokemon games in awhile
I don't know where this is coming from. Did you play both recently? The difference is very big and Scarlet fps and more is so much poorer than Arceus. That's really what I was focusing on. I wouldn't be ranting about it if it was the same or better. I was fine with arceus.

Does switching to docked mode do anything after the gpu/mem oc?

No it didn't change much or anything. I actually preferred playing portably because at least the textures are harder to see close up.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played a lot of switch games, and this is the worst fps problem I've seen from a big title. The only ones that were worst are ports and indie games like Arc of Alchemist.

It makes the experience quite bad to me.
And I am playing on the switch itself.
Interesting, I've been watching my brother play for the last hour or so today and he hasn't had any lag, a flicker here and there but thats been it so far. Hmm...I only have and OLED and the AC Limited Edition Switch, neither of which is currently softmod able (but its coming, one day :D ). So I have to play Scarlet in Ryujinx until the 18th when I go pick up my games.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where this is coming from. Did you play both recently? The difference is very big and Scarlet fps and more is so much poorer than Arceus. That's really what I was focusing on. I wouldn't be ranting about it if it was the same or better. I was fine with arceus.

No it didn't change much or anything. I actually preferred playing portably because at least the textures are harder to see close up.
this comment shows that yes you forget how bad arceus actually was it had trouble keeping a steady 30FPS below 921 GPU and had far worse looking graphics

Reactions: mitrium

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this comment shows that yes you forget how bad arceus actually was it had trouble keeping a steady 30FPS below 921 GPU and had far worse looking graphics
I just think you're way off. The graphics weren't great, but so far what I've seen in Scarlet is worse, but that's not my concern since even with a few dips in arceus it kept 30 fps besides those. In this one it's just lower most of the time and like I said is below the line that I think is ok, making it hard to feel a smoother immersive play.

If you believe this one is better then i dont know what to say, since I find it's obvious when playing them. And it's not a good time to debate beyond this, would need someone recording with a frame counter to show. But like i said to me it's quite blatant and I dont find it acceptable for a big title like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb