You were being sarcastic wern't you :/

pokenoobz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok people i see that the boxart gould have a few tweaks, so anyone with a better one send it in please, call it ruby x/ sapphire x but remember to not put your name on the box -> Refer to front page

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you expect?........instead of making other People make somthing for YOU....why not do it better for yourself?

And people arnt mean on this forum...we are honest.....thats all
smile.gif

pokenoobz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowX13 said:
What do you expect?........instead of making other People make somthing for YOU....why not do it better for yourself?

smile.gif

helloooo im busy making the hack, jeez...once you guys try it you'll change te opinion ;D Ive got lots of hidden features in it
wink.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowX13 said:

smile.gif
Actually there are mean people, but he hasn't met them yet.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
pokenoobz said:
Nebz said:
If you want it be a popular hack then you should probably add a few things.

Let's start with setting this up a little better in the future. Organizing your information is always nice and so is spelling and whatever other necessary things for a better presentation. Maybe stating what makes your hack different from the others would also help. as you can see there a few already in progress based on, from what I see, similar concepts (Emerald starters, May and Brendan, Hoenn Pokemon, etc.).

You call the project Pokemon Ruby Sapphire X but the "boxart" has it called emerald *and two other characters*. If you want someone to make a boxart for you then maybe you should also post the correct title but... taking Full Credit for someone elses work? I don't know how that'll swing.
unsure.gif

Overall Thought: notsureifserious.jpg

i apreciate the advice, but I want this hack to be made completely by me so i cant give credit, and what was wrong witht he presentation? Everyone on here can read, right? My only error was the name and the name on the box art, apart from that, whats wrong with it? :?
Grammar and the correct punctuation go a long way. At first glance, I'd assume some 12 year old was writing this out and that it would be some random and not serious project. I'm assuming you are "very qualified" yourself... right? Maybe include some info on what you've worked on before so people have some bit of faith in what you're working on now.
Also, a popular hack just doesn't appear out of nowhere. If you have little to no experience and are just offering what others already have in their own progress then I'd say don't even bother.

You want this hack completely by you? Then you might want to rid of the line where you sort of have positions open for helping. If you do end up allowing people to help you I'd give them credit unless they're okay with you just taking credit for their work. It's not your own hard work so why would you deserve all the credit, you know?

The whole virus thing is sort of unnecessary here. I've never seen a major complaint about viruses on this site so if that's suppose to be an attention grabber it doesn't really work.

I really don't see you getting appreciation at the moment since there's nothing here of interest. If you really are serious about this project then by all means continue with it. I won't lie or work around it also... the boxart is TERRIBLE so that definitely needs a change. Screenshots coming soon? How soon? Those and some actual info on progress will definitely grab some bit of attention.

EDIT: Honestly, A boxart isn't even needed. Just screenshots or maybe sprite sheets. I don't know why people really include them with their project. A nice Header Image maybe? It's just that if you're going to include a boxart at least make it appealing in some way. Slapping on green paint and a copy+paste Rayquaza image is worthy of being ridiculed.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokenoobz said:
ShadowX13 said:

smile.gif

helloooo im busy making the hack, jeez...once you guys try it you'll change te opinion ;D Ive got lots of hidden features in it
wink.gif
Hidden features? Listen, you barely have any features on the opening post and people won't care about hacks if they don't see any features they want.

D

Deleted User

QUOTE said:
I'd assume some 12 year old was writing this out and that it would be some random and not serious project
Well some 12 year olds are mature and wouldn't do this and can be good at hacking .-.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrThreeD said:
Well some 12 year olds are mature and wouldn't do this and can be good at hacking .-.
Go over to Pokecommunity and you'll see the that statement to be null and void. I started hacking when I was 11 and God was it fun. Age isn't the problem.

pokenoobz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
pokenoobz said:
Nebz said:
If you want it be a popular hack then you should probably add a few things.

Let's start with setting this up a little better in the future. Organizing your information is always nice and so is spelling and whatever other necessary things for a better presentation. Maybe stating what makes your hack different from the others would also help. as you can see there a few already in progress based on, from what I see, similar concepts (Emerald starters, May and Brendan, Hoenn Pokemon, etc.).

You call the project Pokemon Ruby Sapphire X but the "boxart" has it called emerald *and two other characters*. If you want someone to make a boxart for you then maybe you should also post the correct title but... taking Full Credit for someone elses work? I don't know how that'll swing.
unsure.gif

Overall Thought: notsureifserious.jpg

i apreciate the advice, but I want this hack to be made completely by me so i cant give credit, and what was wrong witht he presentation? Everyone on here can read, right? My only error was the name and the name on the box art, apart from that, whats wrong with it? :?
Grammar and the correct punctuation go a long way. At first glance, I'd assume some 12 year old was writing this out and that it would be some random and not serious project. I'm assuming you are "very qualified" yourself... right? Maybe include some info on what you've worked on before so people have some bit of faith in what you're working on now.
Also, a popular hack just doesn't appear out of nowhere. If you have little to no experience and are just offering what others already have in their own progress then I'd say don't even bother.

You want this hack completely by you? Then you might want to rid of the line where you sort of have positions open for helping. If you do end up allowing people to help you I'd give them credit unless they're okay with you just taking credit for their work. It's not your own hard work so why would you deserve all the credit, you know?

The whole virus thing is sort of unnecessary here. I've never seen a major complaint about viruses on this site so if that's suppose to be an attention grabber it doesn't really work.

I really don't see you getting appreciation at the moment since there's nothing here of interest. If you really are serious about this project then by all means continue with it. I won't lie or work around it also... the boxart is TERRIBLE so that definitely needs a change. Screenshots coming soon? How soon? Those and some actual info on progress will definitely grab some bit of attention.

Ok well i was gonna use a pokemon diamond rom as base, but their wasnt enough tools, so ive setteled with fire red/ leaf green as a base, i will upgrade graphics etc to bette, screenshots up tomorrow

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
MrThreeD said:
QUOTE said:
I'd assume some 12 year old was writing this out and that it would be some random and not serious project
Sure but I'm speaking of the general assumption of a 12 year old on the internet and not some specifically gifted child.
EDIT: Don't take the "gifted child" thing seriously and try to make a big ruckus about this (#Just sayin'). You should really know what I mean at this point.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokenoobz said:
Ok well i was gonna use a pokemon diamond rom as base, but their wasnt enough tools, so ive setteled with fire red/ leaf green as a base, i will upgrade graphics etc to bette, screenshots up tomorrow
Oh, so now this is a 3rd generation hack now? 'Tis my area of expertise.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
pokenoobz said:
Okay so I'm lost now.... You're going to use the FR/LG roms for your R/S hack?
blink.gif

EDIT: The reason why I ask this is because I don't really see a point to doing such a thing when you can just play Ruby and Sapphire instead. So please correct me where I may be wrong and explain so I can understand what's going on here.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
pokenoobz said:
Okay so I'm lost now.... You're going to use the FR/LG roms for your R/S hack?
blink.gif
Apparently so...Though this begs the question, why wouldn't a person just play Ruby or Sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof