Pokemon Quartz won't save

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ThatGuyoverTharr, Mar 9, 2010.

Mar 9, 2010
  1. ThatGuyoverTharr
    OP

Newcomer ThatGuyoverTharr Member

Australia
    Hey, I'm new here and I have questions.
    So I'm playing the famous Pokemon Quartz by Baro just for the fun of it (the Pokemon and storyline is so random it's funny) and I managed to save it once. I'm using an EZFlash V 3 in 1 with an NDSTT equipped with GBA ExpLoader 0.58. But now everytime I try to save again, it doesn't work D: I've attempted several times but it won't work. I tested again to see if it was the battery's fault as mentioned in other threads by loading and saving a FireRed ROM (PSRAM) and that worked perfectly. My Pokemon Pinball on my NOR space is loading and saving fine too, so what's the problem? My game always gives that "Your save file is corrupted. Your previous save file will be loaded." or soemthing message everytime I fire up Quartz on my PSRAM.

Oh, and I don't understand at the beginning of GBA ExpLoader where it says 'Write SRAM to SAV File'. What does that mean?

Thanks to any answers in advance =D

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    'Write SRAM to SAV File' does what it says it does, backup your save to file.

Pokemon games, bootleg or not, need to be played in NOR mode.

3. ThatGuyoverTharr
    OP

Australia
    Does that include Pinball? And where does the SAV I made in my NOR go? Can I back it up? And if that's the case then how did I manage to save FireRed and Quartz? And I just saved on FireRed again and it worked ._.

EDIT: I just loaded my Quartz to NOR mode and it experienced the same problem. I think I'll try again with a new Quartz ROM.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    File is larger than the 32MB you can normally run most likely.

5. ThatGuyoverTharr
    OP

Australia
    Okay I noticed the problem. I ran my Quartz and FireRed through gbata to look for differences, and the source of my problem was the SRAM patching. Even after numerous attempts, the SAV type section in gbata was always FLASH. FireRed saved fine clean, I never SRAM Patched it or anything. I'm guessing Pokemon games can't convert SAV types, but GBAExpLoader and the 3in1 can use FLASH types. Pinball was originally SRAM save type regardless. I've already fixed it and it's running perfectly fine now.

6. Dr.Killa

Banned Dr.Killa Banned

United States
    use GBAta to fix rom header

7. ThatGuyoverTharr
    OP

Australia
    Already have. My problem was saving, not opening. But it's okay now.