PokeMon Platinum- I really Need help...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by IvanPua, Jun 5, 2009.

Jun 5, 2009
  1. IvanPua
    OP

Newcomer IvanPua Newbie

United States
    Hello people i just joined GBAtemp. I'll get straight to my problem, I've been up for several hours trying to figure out how to put Pokemon Platinum cheats onto my R4 Chip/flashcart -whatever u want to call it-
    I have tried a Billion ways on how to do it. i have followed many many theory's on how to do it and they all don't work or I'm just not doing the right things or understanding them.
    I've try replaceing the Cheat.dat in my R4 system file ive tried downloading a program called r4cce and patching the System of my R4.
    Can Anyone please just give me any help even the littlest would be appreciated but im kinda looking for a step by step guide for noobs on cheats for NDS R4's. Thanks alot [​IMG]

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    make sure your game is a non patch version [​IMG]
    fastest way delete all the games in the .dat and keep pokemon only
    or
    read this guide!

3. IvanPua
    OP

Newcomer IvanPua Newbie

United States
    Erm sorry but that guide was going all good untill it got up to the yasumenu part that part really confused me and that list looks really long. u said something about taking all my games off except pokemon platinum i dont mind doing that can u tell me what to do for that theory? if you have messenger and are willing to help me it might be easier here''s my email ivanpua@hotmail.com Thanks

4. elixirdream

Malaysia
    well
    you can skip the yasumenu part and read the next section
    it was just one of the many solutions

how to delete?
    just use r4cce to delete all the games [​IMG]

5. darkworldz

Newcomer darkworldz Advanced Member

Singapore
    try usin cracker's trainers..

6. Doc.X

Newcomer Doc.X Advanced Member

United States
    If you need cheats wouldnt it just be easier to use PokeSav and Edit what you want to have ..?

7. ivan_pua

Newcomer ivan_pua Newbie

Australia
    Ok Guys me again i think i got hacked on that account or something coz password isnt working and neither is recovery. Ok i think i figgured out how to use r4cce i use file.. open and went to my cheat.dat then after i opened it up alot of games came up on my list. i folowed the guide saying that i should delete them all except for the one i want to play and so i did. after i did i check to see whether there were cheats on Pokemon Platinum (U) i found alot and so i said ok good i folowed the next step because i was using cheat.dat and then i click save as and replaced my orignal cheat.dat file. I took out my MicroSD and put it into my DS and i found that ALL MY CHEATS ARE GONE!!!! AND I DIDNT have any POKEMON PLATINUM CHEATS EITHER!!! someone please reply and help me... [​IMG] ALL i want are pokemon platinum cheats plz anyone?

8. elixirdream

Malaysia
    of course all the cheats are gone since you deleted them!

one more question
    which region is your pokemon? is it U?

9. ivan_pua

Newcomer ivan_pua Newbie

Australia
    Ok i know im not suppose to be suprised there all gone since i deleted them using r4cce but what im ticked off about is that i still dont have any pokemon platinum cheats. and yes the game is (U).
    So can You help me?

10. ivan_pua

Newcomer ivan_pua Newbie

Australia
    Sorry for double posting if its against the rules or anything but i've seen people on different threads talk about this pokesav? would this hacking program work on pokemon platinum on an R4? coz it looks pretty good if it worked. [​IMG] could someone explain it? and show me how to get it and use it?

11. elixirdream

Malaysia
  12. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    pokesav edits your .sav files,simply copy the save file from your r4 to pc,get pokesav,open pokesav,load your .sav file,then edit stuff
    edit:lol elix,they erased the first post

13. ivan_pua

Newcomer ivan_pua Newbie

Australia

Ok this sounds much easier then trying to actually get the cheats your saying that it would work with r4 right? and i watched a video on pokesav on youtube and it has all the things im looking for. Becuase i folowed the guide that elixir gave me i deleted all the cheats on my r4... and i want them back is there anyway to get them back? do i just try find the latest cheat.dat, download it and put it in the the system folder of my r4 and will all my cheats be back? or do i have to do something with r4cce after i download a cheat.dat? [​IMG] so glad i found this pokesav thing sounds awesome.

14. ivan_pua

Newcomer ivan_pua Newbie

Australia
    OK POKESAV WAS GREAT IT HAS GOT EVERYTHING Except one thing which i wanted which is the walk through objects/walls cheat can anyone help me get that cheat somehow?