Pokemon Omega Ruby save gone

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by qwertoman, Mar 15, 2016.

1. qwertoman
    OP

qwertoman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    I am going to start this by saying I am a complete idiot and should have been more careful...

My problem is, my pokemon omega ruby save has completely disappeared. I played it months ago on my gateway as a .3ds rom, and then moved on to other games for a while. I had all my pokemon in my poke bank but the pass was about to expire, so I moved them all into Omega Ruby so I wouldnt lose them. Now, a month or two ago, I installed RxTools and added some games to my gateway card, and re-ordered the roms on the card while I was doing that.

Now, when I try loading pokemon OR, it thinks there is no save file. I never deleted anything from the gateway sd card or the 3ds sd card. It isn't corrupt, it just simply doesnt exist. Is there any hope of getting it back or finding it?? I know it is a card 2 type save, but I dont understand what that means, or why the save would disappear when I only ever moved the .3ds rom file around.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Did you update from below 7.x to above 7.x in between when the save worked and when it didn't? If so, activate classic < 7.x mode and your save should work. I'm not sure how to do this, another user will probably chime in or you can go to the gateway website and look at the manual.

3. qwertoman
    OP

qwertoman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    I dont think so. Just tried it and it doesnt work, gateway needs to be in emunand anyway.

I have just installed savedatafiler, and i found a save with the pokemon OR ID (011C4), but it says it is broken and wont let me export it. Is there anything I can do? Super confused because of this card 2 vs card 1 stuff...

4. qwertoman
    OP

qwertoman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Ok so ive been messing around and I found a "cardtwo save tool" online and managed to export a save from the .3ds rom. I then tried importing to to a different copy of the rom and loading it on gateway. Now, instead of starting over showing no save, it says the save is corrupt, so at least it acknowledges that there is a save. savedatafiler still says broken... any ideas anyone??

I was also thinking, it could be the 7.x save thing as you mentioned, though I dont know how to fix that as it is a gateway rom which requires emunand. Thanks for the help everyone

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The save thing is actually caused by the sysNAND firmware. It was a big thing in the beginning of 2014 when the 9.2 thing came around (everyone was downgrading and finding their saves didn't work anymore). I don't really understand it other than it exists and that Gateway solved it only recently. Did you actually update from below 7.x to above 7.x on your sysNAND? Hopefully another user with more knowledge can give you more detail.

6. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You need to know if you downgraded your console Sysnand to 4.5 after playing Pokemon. If thats the case you must update to >6.0 again to be able to read the save.

Also importing the extracted save of a rom to a different copy will not help you if the game unique header is different. The encryption of the save is based on the game header. Copying the save to a different rom will greet you with the save corrupted massage.

Without being able to load the save it's not possible to decrypt the save/make it usable/repair it.

Last edited by GothicIII, Mar 15, 2016
  7. qwertoman
    OP

qwertoman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    I did not downgrade my sysnand, I have only ever upgraded until 9.2 which is what its on now.

I am trying to figure out where the save may have gone, I never deleted anything, nor has it ever been corrupted.