Pokemon low FPS

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by TheManCalledNo, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010

Pokemon low FPS by TheManCalledNo at 7:31 PM (2,205 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. TheManCalledNo
    OP

Newcomer TheManCalledNo Newbie

United States
    I'm getting choppy, low FPS in areas of Pokemon HG - particularly in buildings, it seems. I had this problem with Platinum, too, and I'm not sure why. I think it may be my DS Lite, as it didn't seem as slow on my ancient DS Fat, but other games work fine on my Lite. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Edit: I'm using AKAIO 1.6

2. hvsep

Member hvsep GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's like this for me too. I don't think anything can be done about it.

3. Beige

Member Beige GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What kind of MicroSD do you have? I tried it on my 4GB class 6 SDHC card and it was just fine.

4. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Whether it is to do with the read/write speed of a microSD card, i don't know, but i use a Transcend class 6, and i get no loss of fps.

5. obito

Member obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    usually when i use my class 4 4gb i can get slow stuff... (not pokemon heart gold)

its usually if i have too much on my card..

6. TheManCalledNo
    OP

Newcomer TheManCalledNo Newbie

United States
    I have an 8GB Kingston card... I'm not sure about the class, though. Is that the number in the circle on the card? If so, it's class 4.

That wouldn't explain why it seemed faster on my DS Fat though (although I didn't test it much, it did seem faster from the minute of playing it though)

7. Ultima2876

Newcomer Ultima2876 Member

United Kingdom
    The games (HG/SS/Plat/Pearl/Diamond) all have low framerates - they're capped at 30 so they look a bit stuttery even at the best of times. This is the same with the official carts [​IMG]

The reason why it might look smoother on the fat DS is because the fat DS has a slightly inferior screen - it has a little bit of ghosting which might mask the framerate issues in these games a bit, making it seem as if they're less laggy.

The class of SD card would typically only effect loading times, and possible gameplay in games that stream data from the cartidge while playing. This is typically quite rare though - the only noticeable difference with slower class 2 cards in Pokemon HG/SS would be a slightly increased lag when moving between areas, though even this would be hardly noticeable. I have both class 2 and class 4 cards and I can't really tell a difference.

8. Justin121994

Member Justin121994 Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew

United States
    ^Yeah They do. In my phat ds it looks less laggy. hmmmm. Does anyone know if it's laggy on the dsi. ?

9. jykgu

Newcomer jykgu Newbie

Platinum lags pretty bad for me. I get very noticeable slowdown when cycling, scrolling through the inventory/pokedex and during battle animations (e.g. the level-up animation).

I tried both Akaio 1.5.1 and 1.6, different loaders, etc. but no dice. The problem could be my el-cheapo sd-card, but I'm kinda reluctant to buy a new one because I haven't had any problems with other games.

At the moment, I'm using my ancient Slot-2 G6 lite to play Platinum. Surprisingly, it runs flawless with no slowdowns whatsoever (Remarkable for a card that hasn't been updated in two years!).