ROM Hack Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee No Version Exclusives patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPantsEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wrote some things that I'd like to see and that could be easy to implement in another thread, the most important one for me is the turned off Exp. Share:
- The Exp. Share is turned off. Only the Pokemon who participated in the fight gets Exp.
- If you switch Pokemon in a battle, they don't both get 100% of the EXP, but 50% like it was before XY.
- Catching Pokemon only gives your team like 50% of the Exp it would normally get. You caught a Pikachu and now all your Pokemon get 50 Exp? In this rom hack, they only get 25.
- Friendship should not affect stats! When the friendship with a Pokemon is high in these games, they get boosted stats, which is a bad thing.
- No requirements before you fight in the gym! Stop forcing me to catch a water or grass Pokemon, I want to fight Brock without one!
Please ;_;

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote some things that I'd like to see and that could be easy to implement in another thread, the most important one for me is the turned off Exp. Share:

Please ;_;
That's a pretty steep list of requests. Everything I'm doing, I'm figuring out by muddling around in hex. All the stuff you want is going to require code (exefs) edits and the tools to do so comfortably are not available yet.
My difficulty mod will probably lower the EXP values of all species, to make up for the EXP share level curve. My usual hacks level every pokemon on every team up to match the steep EXP share curve, but that's far too much work to undertake with manual hex editing (instead of a wonderful tool like @Kaphotics's PK3DS). Especially since I will almost certainly stop messing with Let's Go once Smash comes out! (I only have one Switch, and I'm unhacking it to go online for Smash).

Reactions: MisterPantsEyes

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Dio Vento, Is there a tutorial I could look at that your using to make Hex edits? Would love to look into this more.
Unfortunately, I'm not using a tutorial. Just messing around in the folders with what I know from SM USUM and the data mine info from SciresM and Kaphotics. I'm not particularly experienced in raw hex editing, most of my previous work was done through PK3DS

Last edited by Dio Vento,
Reactions: momocop

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Really great job Dio!

But I can't seem to get it to work on SX.
Haven't used any LayeredFS mods before so I'm sure it's me doing something wrong.
Added the atmosphere folder to the root of my SD and renamed it to sxos. Added both this and the trade evolution mod, so I now have both "field" and "pokelib" folder in RomFS/bin.

SX OS V2.2
Switch is at 6.1

Do I need to configure anything else? And does it work on any SX/Switch firmware? Any SX users out there know?

momocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really great job Dio!

Haven't used any LayeredFS mods before so I'm sure it's me doing something wrong.
Added the atmosphere folder to the root of my SD and renamed it to sxos. Added both this and the trade evolution mod, so I now have both "field" and "pokelib" folder in RomFS/bin.

SX OS V2.2
Switch is at 6.1

Do I need to configure anything else? And does it work on any SX/Switch firmware? Any SX users out there know?

Make sure you put on root of sd card and rename atmosphere to sxos.

im on 6.1.0/sxos2.2 beta and works perfectly.

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really great job Dio!

SX OS V2.2
Switch is at 6.1

"If you're using other CFWs, rename the "atmosphere" folder to whatever the other CFW expects for LayeredFS, no idea if it works on other CFWs because they're just outdated Atmosphere."

So, with SXOS you'll need to put it in their specific folder for layeredFS.
Which is "/sxos/titles", not "/atmosphere/titles"

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did :huh:. Does it matter that I use the XCI and not an installed NSP?
It shouldn't.
Whats your entire folder directory location?
should be
"/sxos/titles/0100187003A36000/RomFS/bin/pokelib/evolution" for PLGE
"/sxos/titles/010003F003A34000/RomFS/bin/pokelib/evolution" for PLGP

Reactions: momocop

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dropping another small mod here.
This small LayeredFS mod will add Let's Go Eevee's version exclusives to Let's Go Pikachu and vice versa.
Pokémon captured in the incorrect version will be detectable as "hacked".
Put the Atmosphere folder on the root of your SD and then boot the game normally, the mod should load silently and seamlessly.
Props to Game Freak for leaving the romfs structure unobfuscated.
If you're using other CFWs, rename the "atmosphere" folder to whatever the other CFW expects for LayeredFS, no idea if it works on other CFWs because they're just outdated Atmosphere.

krebLHW.jpg

Download Here!
Full Encounter List (also included in the download)

Announcement!
I plan to do a quick difficulty hack for these games. It won't be nearly as in-depth as my other hacks, because Let's Go itself is incapable of the level of depth I strive to achieve in my hacks.
If Smash Bros comes out before I get enough time with proper tools for making the Let's Go hack, the Let's Go hack is probably canceled.

Dio Vento's Let's Go mods (all are drag and drop and compatible with each other):
Alternate Methods for Trade Evolution
No Version Exclusives
Just a quick question as I can't tell by the encounter list, are the version exclusives located on the same routes and with the same percentages are they are in their native game?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question as I can't tell by the encounter list, are the version exclusives located on the same routes and with the same percentages are they are in their native game?
No, I wasn't able to get custom percents working. They're on the right routes but percents are slightly different and I had to remove some default encounters. For example, any route that'd normally have Weepinbell and Bellsprout now has Weepinbell and Gloom. Also there's less Rattata in general.

Reactions: simsimsim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1