Pokemon HGSS Voice Hack

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Lord Prime, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Lord Prime
    OP

Lord Prime Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    This is just a suggestion because i failed miserably and don't know what to do next. [​IMG]

By hacking the SDAT file inside HGSS, it is possible to extract the voices of pokemons.

These files are named WAVE_ARC_PV001.swar to WAVE_ARC_PV519.swar
    Voice files from other games come in the typical "*.swav" format, so this part puzzles me but
    by using "kiwids/NDSEditor" it is possible to convert the files to *.wav format.

So, does anybody know a tool that converts *.wav files back to *.swar?

What i'm trying to do here is to get pokemon voices from the anime series in short *.wav format, then convert to *.swar and then switching them with the files inside the gs_sound.sdat
    because I'm tired of listening to the 8-bit cries of pokemon everytime i encounter them.

I tried replacing Ho-oh's voice with the arceus_bgm, by simple copy-pasting, but i've ended up with a broken sound when i tested it with nocash.

This may be tedious, is anyone up for the task if this is possible?

Found these tools by loveemu but i can't reprogram them that far.
    and when i tried feeding them the .swar files, i cant make them work.. [​IMG] hahaha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice