Hacking Pokemon Heart Gold Soft Reset Freeze

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I use the soft reset combo for AKAIO in Pokemon Heart Gold the DSi says loading and goes to black screen and sits there forever.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I am and its beginning to get annoying. Everything else works great.

Also (but off topic):
I want to get an action replay DSi soon. I have pokemon HG, but I'm using my acekard so I can use cheats. Does anyone know if AR DSi works with 1.4 update, I had heard it does but wanted to be sure. Also, would I be able to transfer my save to my game cartridge anyway?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have no problems with AKAIO 1.6 RC2 and my own dump of HeartGold. If you don't have AKAiO 1.6 RC2, try that.

Action Replay DSi does work with 1.4, by the way.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your hitting the correct soft reset combo and running AKAIO 1.6RC2. Redownload the ROM if the problem reoccurs. Also I believe ARDSi works and you won't be able to transfer your save unless you have the NDS Adapter Plus.

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry guys, forgot to mention I do have AKAIO RC2 and I know I did the right combo (it works on the other games). I'll try a different rom and see what works.

Thanks for the info on ARDSi. I'm so eager to get one.

EDIT:

Works now. Replaced ROM.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crunk said:
What's the point of getting an ARDSi if you use an AceKard?
There really isn't one. But that's not my business. If you'd like cheats on your retail carts, you can use Nitrohax 0.8, not sure whether or not it works on DSi though.

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on a dsi. I want to use the retail cart because of the pokewalker. But I like to cheat just alittle. (catch other trainers pokemon, run from battles; rebattle; Multiply experience) Mostly to save time in game. I have another save slot where I cheat my ass off, but I don't plan to use it untill i finish the game. I'm a cheater with rules...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crunk said:
Cheats with retail games, and the ability to backup retail saves. There's a converter somewhere on the internet that can convert flashcart saves into ARDSi saves and vice versa, for easy transfer between flashcart and retail game.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Crunk said:
There really isn't one. But that's not my business. If you'd like cheats on your retail carts, you can use Nitrohax 0.8, not sure whether or not it works on DSi though.
tried NitroHax0.92 in Acekard2i. doesn't work on DSi or DSiXL.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
junn said:
Hakoda said:
Crunk said:
That's because the DSi only allows hot-swapping in DSi mode.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
junn said:
Hakoda said:
Crunk said:
That's because the DSi only allows hot-swapping in DSi mode.
NitroHax 0.9.2 doesn't work on the DS Lite either. I specifically said NitroHax 0.8. Actually even more specific, NitroHax 0.8.2. Also make sure that your cheat file is less than 2MB.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
well, Nitro Hax v0.92 works on my DS lite US version and doesn't work on DSL, japanese version,
don't know why. Nitro Hax 0.92 even works on my retail pokemon Soul Silver cart,DSL.
DSi/DSXL=nope.

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Action Replay DSi. It works awesome. So there's really no way to import my save from my flash card with it?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
spark1223 said:
I got my Action Replay DSi. It works awesome. So there's really no way to import my save from my flash card with it?
You'll need to convert it using the UniqueGeeks save converter or Shuny's save converter, from "RAW" to "Action Replay" (has a .duc extension). Thing is, I don't know of whether Datel released an update to transfer HeartGold/SoulSilver saves (the different cart architecture messes up most save-transferring tools).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...