Gaming Pokemon Emerald GBA

ol4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I wanted to play pokemon on my gba sp, long ago i bought a original emerald version, but didn't play for a long time, but now i see "the battery has run dry" message, but my save is still there.
My objective is to capture all pokemon available in this version.
Is it possible to get all pokemon in the game without time-based events? or would it be better to change the battery, is there a risk to damage and lose the game if i try to change the battery?
Thanks!

SolidSnake95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time based events only affect getting Feebas and Luvdisc I believe. There is also the berry growing trees but those don't really matter.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
If I remember correctly, changing the battery on GBA Pokémon games is as simple as opening the cartridge and swapping in a new battery.

(you need the correct battery and the correct screw driver, of course.)

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the battery doesn't exactly have a slot, you kind of have to pry the old one off and stick a new one on there and tape/glue it.
or buy one with clips like the one on there and desolder the old one and solder the new one.
it's not hard but it's not easy to do it right, nothing wrong with halfassing it though.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soldering a new one is is best u can get pre-tabbed battery's off ebay for cheap like 2 for $4 and a soldering iron and some solder is cheap

D

Deleted-236924

The only Pokémon you wouldn't be able to get would be Snorunt, and that's only if you set the time to something that makes the tide in Shoal Cave high.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, hes talking about a original Emerald version. Not a clone. Originals do not have batteries. Also, there is a way to fix it but I can't quite remember how....

jax604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People, hes talking about a original Emerald version. Not a clone. Originals do not have batteries. Also, there is a way to fix it but I can't quite remember how....

Not sure where you hear that from but the original Pokemon Emerald has a battery.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You clearly do not own the game if that's what you believe.

he clearly have a clone and believe he got an original one xD

Nusdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't hurt to try it out. Report back.

For those of you, I have both authentic Sapphire and Emerald version, and they do have time-clock batteries on the cartridge chip. I also have both authentic Fire Red and Leaf Green, and those don't come with batteries like Sapphire, Emerald, and Ruby.

ol4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I did it ^^ I bought and soldered a new battery, the clock in the game works just fine now, and also I didn't lose my save. (But I can't set the time unless I start a new game, so the clock works but doesn't show the real time unless i reset the game, but that's not a problem at all 'cause it works).
Also, i thought it could damage the game but now i know its pretty safe, i also took some photos.

Attachments

• HNI_0014.JPG
    HNI_0014.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 265
  • HNI_0015.JPG
    HNI_0015.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 255
  • HNI_0016.JPG
    HNI_0016.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: Nusdogg

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
wait, the battery is not one standard battery? i was to open my emerald and ruby and exchange for a battery found on electronic stores or something, also the metal sticks are stuck in the battery? i thought you had to solder\remove that part as well

ol4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
its one standard battery but, you can buy it with or without the metal sticks, but i think the metal sticks actually help replacing it

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany

This is Bullshit. Rubin, Sapphire and Emerald all have a CR1616 inside for the internal clock.
As already mentioned, the internal clock is for the change of the feebas fields, generating the check for the wonderisland,
checking for PM and AM for the evoluition of Umbreon and Espeon, etc....

It can easily replaced because it isn´t used to save the savegame.

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I wanted to play pokemon on my gba sp, long ago i bought a original emerald version, but didn't play for a long time, but now i see "the battery has run dry" message, but my save is still there.
My objective is to capture all pokemon available in this version.
Is it possible to get all pokemon in the game without time-based events? or would it be better to change the battery, is there a risk to damage and lose the game if i try to change the battery?
Thanks!

You should definitely change the battery. It is well worth it. You get rid of the message, and plus, you also get to get berries. :)

Seriously, it is really easy. I forgot which battery I used (2025 or 2032), but they are both cheap. I did not even have to tape anything or soldier anything. I just pried out the old battery, put the new one in, and securely screwed the cartridge back together. My old save file is still there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night