Pokebank Vs. PKHex

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by aleuts, Feb 26, 2017.

1. aleuts
    OP

aleuts Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Hi Guys,

I have recently started playing Pokemon sun again after a few months of playing Pokemon Go so i am a little bit out of touch.

If i remember correctly around December it was said that the legality of PKM imported using PKHex was unkown as Nintendo had not released Pokebank yet and the developers where unsure of certain things.

I have just read Pokebank was released last month and you are able to transfer all previous gen Pokemon to Sun/Moon.

My question is If i import all my previous gen PKM through PKHex would it appear "Legitimate" and the game would think its a normal Pokebank transfer?

I know it may seem a bit pointless but i have created a collection over the years of a "legit" Living Pokedex up to ORAS and was waiting so i could continue this to Sun/Moon

Thanks for the help

2. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    PKHeX is fine!

3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    use PKSM. it has a built in pokebank tht makes editing and transferring pokemon simple right on the 3ds itself with no need to dump and inject your save file.

4. aleuts
    OP

aleuts Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Thanks for the replies.

Hows does PKHex and PKSM handle the pokedex as im pretty sure there isnt a national pokedex? is there another modification on my part? such as change encounter to trade etc? or is it simply drag and drop and it does all the hard work?

5. Meliodas2255

Meliodas2255 common sense guy

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Pkhex emulates the official transfer. Their 6->7 1->7 works fine now.Jut a simple drag n drop between saves.

Last edited by Meliodas2255, Feb 26, 2017
  6. aleuts
    OP

aleuts Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Thanks for the replies everybody!!