ROM Hack PMD Tempest, Wildfire, Radiant

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I want to play PMD Tempest, Wildfire, Radiant with Engelsk patch on Wii U and have downloaded game, installed games using WUP installer GX2 and when I launch game I get black screen with no title ID after Wii logo.
Please help me.

Attachments

• 20240601_202849.jpg
    20240601_202849.jpg
    959.6 KB · Views: 13

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like what you downloaded is probably just a forwarder, you would need to find the wads to install them on vwii and then those forwarders would work

deckerboii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like what you downloaded is probably just a forwarder, you would need to find the wads to install them on vwii and then those forwarders would work
This is probably the issue
Post automatically merged:

I don't know how to Install wads on vwii or how to use vwii on Wii U.
vWii is the Wii U's version of the Wii firmware. It's a stripped down version of the original Wii firmware, and it's used by default when you play, for example, a Wii disc on a Wii U.
Post automatically merged:

As for installing WADs, get Wii Mod Lite and in that homebrew app, there's a setting called "WAD Manager", use that to install WADs.

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this wii homebrew channel has gamepad support

https://github.com/FIX94/hbc/releases

I rebuilt compat installer to make it install 1.1.4 homebrew channel with gamepad support, instead of the regular one

you will need a way to boot directly into vwii homebrew channel, because you dont have a wii remote to point and click it on the vwii main menu. I couldnt find any homebrew or forwarder that does this (hbl2hbc is for "LULZ" homebrew channel) so I made one

I dont know if it works (cant test it atm), and I'm not 100% sure if gamepad support will continue into Wii Mod Lite to install wads, but you can try it and let me know if it works

Attachments

• compat_installer-Aroma.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Open Homebrew Channel [000500024F484243].part1.rar
    5 MB · Views: 6
  • Open Homebrew Channel [000500024F484243].part2.rar
    5 MB · Views: 7

WingedStar64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this, but...

If you have a PAL Wii U, these games won't work as they're NTSC-J games... and these don't seem to have very good support for PAL systems... leading that the Wii U system crashes with a black screen when trying to run these games on a PAL vWii.

You can try these two methods...

1. You can change the vWii settings with the Wii Settings Editor GUI so you can change the video output to 576i/50Hz... the games works... but at 50 FPS and with a huge black bar on the bottom... so I wouldn't recommend this method...

2. You can change your vWii's video mode to NTSC with this tool you can get in this link below.
You just need FTPiiU to get to your Wii U's internal files... so you can get your vWii's "setting.TXT" file.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/modifying-your-vwii-game-region-and-or-video-mode.574598/

As someone who has tried this method, I recommend it as these games now work as fine on my PAL Wii U... just like it would on any NTSC Wii U. 60 FPS... No black bars... it looks and works great!

Carlos_DobleC

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this, but...

If you have a PAL Wii U, these games won't work as they're NTSC-J games... and these don't seem to have very good support for PAL systems... leading that the Wii U system crashes with a black screen when trying to run these games on a PAL vWii.

You can try these two methods...

1. You can change the vWii settings with the Wii Settings Editor GUI so you can change the video output to 576i/50Hz... the games works... but at 50 FPS and with a huge black bar on the bottom... so I wouldn't recommend this method...

2. You can change your vWii's video mode to NTSC with this tool you can get in this link below.
You just need FTPiiU to get to your Wii U's internal files... so you can get your vWii's "setting.TXT" file.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/modifying-your-vwii-game-region-and-or-video-mode.574598/

As someone who has tried this method, I recommend it as these games now work as fine on my PAL Wii U... just like it would on any NTSC Wii U. 60 FPS... No black bars... it looks and works great!

This is exactly what happened to me when I tried to launch PMD from a forwader on my PAL Wii U.
If I make this adjustment, will I've problems or bugs with the rest of the European games that I've injected?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIyYTN86_Uk&pp=ygUXc3BhY2ViYWxscyB3aGVuIGlzIG5vdyA%3D