Hacking Please reccomend good MicroSD for R4

mbruti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Samoa
Dear friends,
sorry if this is a FAQ but I could not find the answer on either this site or googling.

I have just ordered an R4 for my DS Lite and now have to order the MicroSD card.

Are there any known brands/sizes to recommend or to avoid ?

What will the backup average size be and therefore how many games will I be able to backup on a 1GB MicroSD ?

Any recommended sources to buy from Italy (or in Europe preferably with PayPal or CC).

Thank you in advance
Bob

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dear friends,
sorry if this is a FAQ but I could not find the answer on either this site or googling.

I have just ordered an R4 for my DS Lite and now have to order the MicroSD card.

What will the backup average size be and therefore how many games will I be able to backup on a 1GB MicroSD ?

Any recommended sources to buy from Italy (or in Europe preferably with PayPal or CC).

Thank you in advance
Bob

Well I originally had a 1 gig sandisk, worked fine with the exception of about 3 titles being slow.. TH:downhill, Castlevania:POR and Monster house(during tidal wave)

I got my wife a pink ds for valentines day. order an R4 and got a 1 gig Kingston(japan) from meritline.com for $15 it doesn't have the slow downs. (may be able to get the $9 version but don't know if you will get the japan or Taiwan version)

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dear friends,

Thank you in advance
Bob

Well I orininally had a 1 gig sandisk, worked fine with the exception of about 3 titles being slow.. TH:downhill, Castlevania:POR and Monster house(durring tidle wave)

I got my wife a pink ds for valentines day. order an R4 and got a 1 gig kingston(japan) from meritline.com for $15 it doesn't have the slow downs. (may be able to get the $10 version but don't know if you will get the japan or taiwan version)

http://www.meritline.com/kingston-1gb-micro-sd-card.html

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
basically anything made in Japan with the SD-C01G code is a good one. Toshiba is the manufacturer but they've also been branded as Kingston, Apacer, Dane-Elec and PNY among others. Getting one of these doesn't guarantee a Japanese one, though - at least Kingston and Apacer also use slower Taiwanese cards with no packaging difference, so you just have to hope for the best.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With the exception of the 3 games that zone97 mentioned, the speed of the microSD card doesn't seem to matter that much for the R4/Simply. THDJ still slows down for me with a Japanese Kingston card BTW.

You can get an average of 20 to 30 games on a 1 gig card, less for large games, more for small ones. DS roms average just over 32 megabytes when trimmed, but the games you'll actually want to play will average around 40 to 45 megs or so.

mehmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does someone have a onlineshop in Holland or Europe were i can buy it cheap? I want to buy 0 pieces and the ceapest price i can get is 17 euros each.

mbruti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Samoa
Thank you very much. The only MicroSD I could find quickly was a Sandisk 1GB that is branded as made in Taiwan. Payed it an exhorbitant sum (35 euros) but HAD to buy it today since it was for a brand new Nintendo DS Lite pink for my daughter on St. Valentine's day 8-) Love makes you behave in stupid ways 8-)

You all take care
Bob

WiiDSbold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
... for my daughter on St. Valentine's day ...

wtf.gif

mbruti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Samoa
... for my daughter on St. Valentine's day ...

wtf.gif
People can love their daughters too...Just not in a romantic sort of way.
But yeah, I think you worded that a bit wrong >_>

You perverts !
biggrin.gif

Maybe not being English got my message wrong. If so I apologize. Of course we are talking about an healthy affection for a girl young enough to be in the phase "Daddy when I will grow up I'll marry you" which is naturally bound to an end as soon as hormones start kicking in !!!
laugh.gif

Take care !

B

enishi37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a microsd ultra II 1gb and its been great.

With Dawn of Sorrow, there is no slow down during the movie. I have not tried it w/ Portrait of Ruin (b/c i have the game
tongue.gif
)

If any issues come up I'll post it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.