Hardware please help

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just set up my new graphics card. It is a Sapphire Nitro Radeon RX 460 4GB OC edition that uses a 6 pin power connector. My psu is a corsair cx 750M with two pcie 6+2 power connectors, on plugged into the psu and the other end into the gpu. motherboard is asrock 890GX Pro 3 bios ver. p1.40 (upgrading board to MSI 970 Gaming board). My issue is that the gpu fans and leds will turn on when the pc is powered on, but there is no display through HDMI (I only have hdmi because i use a tv and not a monitor), and have the latest drivers for said card. This card is brand new as well. Can anyone help me get it running? I'm tired of using my 2gb gtx 750ti.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried another PCI-E slot? What does the LED Debug code say on the motherboard and did you look in the manual for what the code means?

Last edited by ILuvGames,

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies! I will update the bios (that I has no idea had a beta update..) and list the debug details soon.

Reactions: ILuvGames

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the cables, plugged in 100 percent?
Yes. I even switched to the second pair that came with it and still nothing :/

EU and China server work fine or at least they do for me. Asia and USA give 404.
If I use those servers, will it affect my bios in any bad way by installing on a USA board?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The servers are just where they're located (distant servers download slower). The actual file will be the same no matter which server.

Edit: there's no such thing as a USA board, since most parts originate in Thailand. Same parts worldwide, just different packaging.

Last edited by Originality,

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The servers are just where they're located (distant servers download slower). The actual file will be the same no matter which server.

Edit: there's no such thing as a USA board, since most parts originate in Thailand. Same parts worldwide, just different packaging.
I'm so used to game systems needing specific parts that I didn't realize that. But I updated the bios with the EU server dl and now I can use my new card. Thanks for the help everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup