DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I am a total newbie on the Wii and I need you experts to answer a couple of questions I am confused about. I just recieved my Wii and it has a d2sun mod chip and he also installed the homebrew channel via the twilight hack. He did a firmware update to 3.3U (safe mode). I live in the USA and will only be using NTSC-USA ISO's on it. I DO NOT have the Gecko OS on my Wii at all.

Before burning my ISO's, should I use Wii Brickblocker on it? Is that just for removing the update feature? Is brickblocker considered to be a TRUCHA EXPLOIT because in reading on forums, it stated you should NOT USE any TRUCHA EXPLOITS on your ISO before burning it if your Wii is on firmware 3.3 or above because the game will not load without using Gecko OS, which I do NOT have.

If the above is true, is there a program I can use to view if my ISO has already had the update taken out of it from the program brickblocker or has been altered at all with ANY program for that matter? Is there anything else I should look out for? Thanks in advance to all
grog.gif

Dan

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
DB62 said:
Hi

I am a total newbie on the Wii and I need you experts to answer a couple of questions I am confused about. I just recieved my Wii and it has a d2sun mod chip and he also installed the homebrew channel via the twilight hack. He did a firmware update to 3.3U (safe mode). I live in the USA and will only be using NTSC-USA ISO's on it. I DO NOT have the Gecko OS on my Wii at all.

Before burning my ISO's, should I use Wii Brickblocker on it? Is that just for removing the update feature? Is brickblocker considered to be a TRUCHA EXPLOIT because in reading on forums, it stated you should NOT USE any TRUCHA EXPLOITS on your ISO before burning it if your Wii is on firmware 3.3 or above because the game will not load without using Gecko OS, which I do NOT have.

If the above is true, is there a program I can use to view if my ISO has already had the update taken out of it from the program brickblocker or has been altered at all with ANY program for that matter? Is there anything else I should look out for? Thanks in advance to all
grog.gif

Dan

if you are worried about the updates , your modchip should block them , and it's proofed by now that 3.2 with Starfall is a great protection for such problem so why did you update to 3.3 ???

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi

Take BIG MOE's advice, you'd be better off if you downgrade to 3.2 and Install StarFall (just look around or Google it)

Just use the same region games with your Wii and you'll be fine.

grog.gif

Use WUM to check which FW is on your ISO and it has this feature on checking the risk if you run the ISO on your Wii.

Hope that helps,
I am not an expert but I think the answer will suffice to your question.

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't install mine to the 3.3, the guy I had mod my Wii did that for who knows what reason.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DB62 said:
Hi

grog.gif

Dan
The obvious thing this post says to me is... why not get GeckoOS? It's free...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw