[Please Help!] XP Media Center - No Mouse/Keyboard

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by jceggbert5, Mar 23, 2011.

1. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

Dec 1, 2008
    USA, Earth, MilkyWay
    United States
    Mmkay. We've had this XP Media Center computer for fiveish years. It's a DELL, if that matters. It is using the built-in RAID-1 on the MoBo.

A few days ago, it started BSOD-ing. No safe mode or "Last known good configuration", they both BSOD'd. 0 I looked up the error code on Microslop's website, and it said that SP3 was corrupted. So, I grabbed my XP Pro disk (Can't find my MCE one!) to use the recovery console. It doesn't have the RAID driver. I grabbed a USB Floppy drive and a floppy and threw a the raid drivers on the floppy. XP doesn't like the drivers >.<

Then, I grabbed my 7 Beta disc (do NOT ask why I still have that), and loaded the recovery console. It didn't recognize XP, so I used the Command Prompt. I went to c:\WINDOWS\System32\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\ and tried "Batch spuninst.txt", that didn't work, so I "copy spuninst.txt spuninst.bat"'d, and then "spuninst.bat".

It ran for about 45 mins (yeah!!! LONG!!!), and then when it was done, I rebooted. I started it in safemode. Like on the KB page, it froze at a black screen, but I didn't have mouse control like it said I would. I waited for about an hour, still no mouse. I restarted again. A quick tap of the power button shut it down normally. I started it back up in safe mode, and I got to the login screen, but no mouse. Waited an hour, still no mouse (or keyboard (I know that because the numlock wouldn't toggle)). I restarted into normal mode. Got to my desktop (login screen was skipped), no mouse/keyboard.

The computer is USB only, no PS2 ports.

Please help! I don't have MCE restore CDs!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Egg