Hacking Please help! WUP Installer does not see my games!

wiiubro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I Got Wii U Usb helper and got a game, then I put the folders on the front of my sd card. Now when I go into WUP installer Mod y it does not see anything, only HOmebrew channel launcher. Wup installer GX2 does not work either.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running a FAT32 version of Mocha by any chance? If you do, then WUP Installer is actually looking at USB:\install\game_name\ instead of SD:\install\game_name\ if I recall correctly. If your directories are right, then run Mocha without FAT32 or some other CFW.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What solution do you use for CFW? Do you rely on the browser exploit and Mocha, or do you use Haxchi/CBHC? If you use Haxchi/CBHC, then you can update. But chances are, you can't launch the game because you need a game update. If you want to update the game without updating your Wii U, then you can download the BOTW update from Wii U USB Helper or something and install it via WUP Installer, or you can download NNUpatcher on your Wii U, run it, then update BOTW from your Wii U without updating your system.

wiiubro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What solution do you use for CFW? Do you rely on the browser exploit and Mocha, or do you use Haxchi/CBHC? If you use Haxchi/CBHC, then you can update. But chances are, you can't launch the game because you need a game update. If you want to update the game without updating your Wii U, then you can download the BOTW update from Wii U USB Helper or something and install it via WUP Installer, or you can download NNUpatcher on your Wii U, run it, then update BOTW from your Wii U without updating your system.
So, the thing is, it turns out my wii u is up to date. And no, I dont have either Haxchi or anything. I just use the browser exploits. But I also did get a update from The Wii u USB helper. but the thing is.. I ran out of storage on my sd card. Could I use a backup USB drive and apply it to the game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you need the breath of the wild update
I ran out of storage on my sd card. Could I use a backup USB drive and apply it to the game?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the thing is, it turns out my wii u is up to date. And no, I dont have either Haxchi or anything. I just use the browser exploits. But I also did get a update from The Wii u USB helper. but the thing is.. I ran out of storage on my sd card. Could I use a backup USB drive and apply it to the game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I ran out of storage on my sd card. Could I use a backup USB drive and apply it to the game?
if breath of the wild is installed to your usb or nand already, you can delete the game from your sd in the install folder and then move your update to the sd and install

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. If you have a USB flash drive with enough space, then put WUP Installer, the Homebrew Launcher, and your game files on there as if it was an SD card. That is, WUP Installer and the HBL in USB:\wiiu\apps and your game files in SD:\install\game_name. Also get Mocha FAT32 on your SD card. Run Mocha FAT32, then open WUP Installer, and then it should be there. However, you can also probably just delete your old Breath of the Wild stuff from your SD:\install\ folder, since you don't need it anymore since it is already installed on your Wii U.

Reactions: wiiubro

wiiubro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. If you have a USB flash drive with enough space, then put WUP Installer, the Homebrew Launcher, and your game files on there as if it was an SD card. That is, WUP Installer and the HBL in USB:\wiiu\apps and your game files in SD:\install\game_name. Also get Mocha FAT32 on your SD card. Run Mocha FAT32, then open WUP Installer, and then it should be there. However, you can also probably just delete your old Breath of the Wild stuff from your SD:\install\ folder, since you don't need it anymore since it is already installed on your Wii U.
AHHH!! THANK YOU KIND SIR!!!!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This requires you to reformat your USB to fat32. This is only an option for you if you run out of space on your SD card and need something bigger to Install from AND have an extra external HD or flash drive.

The OP clearly has enough space on SD if he/she would delete the contents of SD:\install folder. User installed BOTW so the OP has enough space on SD to Install the update.

Reactions: wicksand420

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I watched baby yoda eat frog eggs on mandalorian last night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna Welcome to the temp! what are your questions?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It is nice and loud and thunder and lightning stormy outside, love it
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Can't wait for the inevitable power outage where it's initially funny because I have half of my apartment on UPSes, then I realize I have literal minutes to start shutting down all of my servers.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?