Hacking Please Help - Totally Lost Now!

scotty6kids

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Can someone here please help me as I am in trouble.

I have been following one of the tutorials and managed to install what I believe is bootmii. I switch the wii on and have a screen where I get a choice of 4 options, one of the system menu and one of the others is the HBC.

Now, if I try and load up the normal system menu, I get a brief black screen following my some half blurred message about my system files being corrupt and to consult Nintendo.

I can however load up the HBC and run games via the USB loader.

I want to try and solve the error so that I am able to access the system menu and I also want to get one of the disk based backup loaders working as I only have an 8GB stick and loads of empty dvd's

I feel really stupid here however I would really like so advise on what I can do?

I am running Wii 4.2 and its a UK Pal version.

Its a first generation Wii so one that does not have any new drive lock outs etc.

Thanks

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you may just need to re-install the System Menu.

For 4.2E, you need to install IOS70-64-v6687 and System Menu-NUS-v481

You can do this with dop-IOS MOD or WAD Manager

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
firstly yes it is bootmii you're seeing,

secondly, sounds like some of your system files are corrupt, probably when you were installing files, either a wad or a .dol, they must had been corrupt, missing kb, probably a bad download:

personally i would update through nintendo, you know the score, wii settings.....system update! which will put you to the max. then i'd use one of the many tutorials to either downgrade safely, or i'd just install bootmii/usbloader gx again on the newly updated system menu 4.2.

you dont have to listen to me, but thats just personally what i would do!

scotty6kids

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorted - Google is my friend - downloaded the suggested wads , installed and its all sorted.

how excellent is that.

thanks guys - you rock.

now, is there anything that I need to avoid doing?

batttie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering did you by chance install Preloader on to the wii and then got this message. It happened to me yesterday when I was trying to install Preloader v.29, then afterwards got the blurry system menu corrupt. Weird thing is that after I installed Priiloader v2 it seemed to fix the problem. Didn't have to reinstall any ios. Anything similiar happen to anyone else?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
thats solid advice in the first response all except id be carefull doing downgrades because there are no SAFE methods WITHOUT ADVERSE EFFECTS on your boot from what ive read its a hit and miss sorta thing and i remember specificly wiipower telling me something of the downgrade effecting the ability to run boot 2 properly so while this could already be fixed and i may well be wrong (havent downgraded a wii since wiipowers advice not to though he tends to be damn proper on his wii stuff so yeah anyhow look into it before you downgrade (while i am on 3.2 and did downgrade my wii successfully from 3.4 back in the day (I also cannot use Boot 2 and RELY on preloader,starfall (starpatch on your fw) and the fact cioscorps v1 allows me to boot AUTOBOOT disk from STARFALL even WITH NO MOD CHIP....its the ONLY benifit that i dont have on 4.2....

The long and the short....STICK WITH 4.2 THERE ARE MORE LOSSES THAN BENIFITS TO DOWNGRADING VS UPGRADING

thats just my take on things from modding so many of these damn consoles (btw i dont use a guide i've been doing this so damn long! lol i use a tool to ID the type of wii get the resources and go to it
wink.gif

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
fishykipper said:
personally i would update through nintendo,

you dont have to listen to me, but thats just personally what i would do!

Dont do that, even though you cant, upgrading by Nintendo will update your Boot2 meaning bootmii would be rendered useless. Install the correct system menu wad and ios 70 as told before, you can get them from hack 4.2 in ZXZeros guide. It should then work again, you may need to reinstall preloader after that - lolz should have read entire thread first.

Person that mentioned preloader may well be correct as that can corrupt system menus easily.

Glad you sorted it =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!