Please Help. How to Play NSMB2 Hacks on 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by BuddyRoach, Jan 20, 2017.

1. BuddyRoach
    OP

BuddyRoach Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    Ok, currently I have been using this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-nsmb2-custom-levels-mods-the-easier-way.437207/
    But this and many others are not working! I keep getting an "invalidated icache" error in hans.
    All I want to do is edit levels for NSMB2 and then play the levels I made in my 3DS because I want to start creating my own NSMB2 hack. How do I do this? I used to hack NSMBWii and that was so simple. But I am completely new to this. Where do I begin? Some people have said to use LayerFS instead of hans but I cant seem to find any tutorials explaining how to do this correctly and honestly I am not even sure if LayersFS is even for what I am trying to do. Someone please help. Thanks in advanced.

BTW, here is my info:
    3ds Model: OLD 3DS XL, gold and black Zelda Triforce (Hyrule and LoRule edition)
    Region: USA (U)
    Firmware version: 11.2.0-35U
    Hax method: soundhax-usa-o3ds

Last edited by BuddyRoach, Jan 20, 2017
  2. Shyguylover

Shyguylover Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The matrix
    Did you read everything? Becouse the thread says: "This might not work on 11.2, so don't be surprised if HANS gives you an error!". But you can use OnionFS just install ahl9.

3. BuddyRoach
    OP

BuddyRoach Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    yeah. i found someone to help me. i did the softmod on the 3ds and now i got it working with onionFS. Thanks for replying!

4. Shyguylover

Shyguylover Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The matrix
    ahl9 got realy easy to install nobody could brick now. And no problem.