Please help: DanceDanceRevolution II on Wii U with a simple remap code

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Jirakon, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Jirakon
    OP

Jirakon Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    I have a Wii U now (which has no Gamecube ports), but I'd like to continue playing DanceDanceRevolution II [SUREA4]. I bought a Mayflash adapter that allows a Gamecube controller/dance mat to be plugged in to the Wii Remote and be treated like a Classic Controller. The only problem is that the dance mat arrows all get mapped to the D-Pad. So as long as I'm pressing the left arrow, I can't press the right arrow. Likewise, as long as I'm pressing the up arrow, I can't press the down arrow. It won't recognize simultaneous opposite D-Pad entries. This is a major problem in higher-level songs.

I've searched long and hard for a solution, but the simplest one seems to be a remap of two buttons. The game allows me to use A/B/X/Y as directional inputs once the song has started. So if I had a Gecko code that swapped A with D-Right and B with D-Down, the songs would work just fine. Navigating the menus would be a little awkward, but I don't mind that.

I would really appreciate any help on the matter. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

oji likes this.
  2. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    I don't know what would happen if 2 directional button were pressed at the same time

3. Jirakon
    OP

Jirakon Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    As long as they're not opposite each other (up/down or left/right), they'll both register. If up and down are pressed together, only up will register. If left and right are pressed together, only left would register. That's why I need to switch the button mappings of D-right with A, and D-down with B.

4. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    Me too interested in this question as I've two DDR dance mats, Active Life mat and two Donkey Konga bongos. I have plans to upgrade to the WiiU & it's would be great to find the way to play all games supported by these controllers. Especially the last two: Active Life supports only mat & you can't use any other controller instead of it to cheat system like OP done with the CC. Donkey Konga is a matter of Devolution and / or Nintendont & it's would be nice to have an ability to detect these ones attached by any adapter & recognized in-game.

5. Jirakon
    OP

Jirakon Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    Could someone please suggest a good next step for me? I still haven't found any answers :|

6. zadanlavey

zadanlavey Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    Mexico
    Hello Jirakon;

I know its an old post but I get this working modifying the applicable Controller.ini file.
    Unfortunately, to navigate on the menus you will have to use "B" for left, "A" for down and down arrow for confirm on the dance mat, but the arrows works perfect on the game. If I get this works in a more natural way I will post it here.

Here are the files for Nintendont:
    GC Dance Mat on Wii U

Hope this help you and other who wants to use the GC dance mat on their Wii U.

zL

7. Jirakon
    OP

Jirakon Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    Hey zadanlavey. I appreciate your help, but I'm afraid these files don't apply to my situation. The reason I had asked for Gecko codes is because I'd like to use my dance mat on a Wii game, specifically DanceDanceRevolution II [SUREA4]. As far as I know, no form of loading Wii games on the Wii U uses a controller.ini file, and I don't know of any way other than Gecko codes to swap controls on a Wii game. Please let me know if you have a way to make this work for a Wii game on the Wii U, and thank you again.