PlayStation 4 software update 7.50 released

ps4_update_manual-1024x576_1200x675.jpg

Ready to get your stability on? Because the PlayStation 4 has a brand new update for you to download. Official firmware version 7.50 is available, with the minimal patch notes claiming that the update "improves system performance". The update is just over 450MB, so if you do need to grab the new firmware, it shouldn't take that long to do so.

Version 7.50
This system software update improves system performance.

:arrow: Source

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
was about to use save wizard and this comes out. come on....
I don't think system version would affect the Save Wizard, since changing how save files are encrypted would just utterly wreck Sony's reputations via loss of game progress.

It's not like this is homebrew, or something affecting the console runtime, which can be negated via updates. Save file encryption is set in bedrock from launch to death, to avoid PR shitstorms and maintain compatibility. Which makes it far easier to decrypt those files, edit them, then re-encrypt them.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think system version would affect the Save Wizard, since changing how save files are encrypted would just utterly wreck Sony's reputations via loss of game progress.

It's not like this is homebrew, or something affecting the console runtime, which can be negated via updates. Save file encryption is set in bedrock from launch to death, to avoid PR shitstorms and maintain compatibility. Which makes it far easier to decrypt those files, edit them, then re-encrypt them.

Taken from the Discord: Some players are reporting that 7.50 is actually messing stuff up for saves after editing them with save wizard.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lucky thing i had my auto update off... so i got my save done at least.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will ignored it and stay with 5.05. Been doing it since 4.05 Jailbreak released in Dec 2017. I am still staying with it! No regret!!!

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which Discord? How are edited saves being messed up?
I don't know exactly but it's happened before this update. These people use save wizard almost everyday so I've ruled out stupidity.
https://discord.gg/xeFYmv Plus the servers have been overloaded since they released Final Fantasy 7 cheats but that's just an internet issue.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know exactly but it's happened before this update. These people use save wizard almost everyday so I've ruled out stupidity.
https://discord.gg/xeFYmv Plus the servers have been overloaded since they released Final Fantasy 7 cheats but that's just an internet issue.
So that's why uploading my Persona 5 Royal save takes forever now...I thought it was my anti-virus or something. Dunno why I need to upload my save, why it can't be done locally, in order to hex-edit it. Quick Cheats, maybe, but surely those cheats for games I've got save files for could just be downloaded once and applied locally too.

Anyway, I wonder why 7.50 causes issues...maybe it is a new encryption method, or something.

D

Deleted User

The update has been locking up my console and making it acting weird had to restart 4 times till it work got an error in firmware report I have a death stranding ps4 pro

D

Deleted User

https://www.ibtimes.com/playstation...cant-issues-including-boot-loops-boot-2960850

Sony's recent PlayStation 4 firmware update 7.50 has caused a slew of issues for users, including boot loops, boot failures and unresponsive consoles.

The patch originally went live Thursday (April 16) following a round of beta testing that spanned several weeks. It released to little or no advance warning, as it was not considered a major update, and thus fans downloaded it and went along with their business as usual.

However, now fans are reporting via the PlayStation 4 subreddit that there have been several frustrating problems that have arisen along with the update's launch. Patch 7.50 has reportedly caused some PlayStation 4 systems to completely fail to boot up. Others have seen problems with infinite boot loops, where the system attempts to start up, then shuts down immediately afterward and repeats without allowing users to interact with the console.

Further, some users have reported problems with the error code SU-42118-6. This is an error code typically associated with the system's Blu-ray drive. It's preventing the update from being installed. Finally, some players are having trouble with their PlayStation 4 systems starting up, but appearing unresponsive.

PlayStation 4 subreddit users have suggested trying to eject Blu-ray discs from the system before beginning an update. Alternatively, if the system is already affected by one of several errors, try restarting the system in safe mode. You can do this by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and using a USB drive to install the firmware.
Sony has yet to release an official statement on the issues reportedly being caused by the new patch.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
https://www.ibtimes.com/playstation...cant-issues-including-boot-loops-boot-2960850

Sony's recent PlayStation 4 firmware update 7.50 has caused a slew of issues for users, including boot loops, boot failures and unresponsive consoles.

The patch originally went live Thursday (April 16) following a round of beta testing that spanned several weeks. It released to little or no advance warning, as it was not considered a major update, and thus fans downloaded it and went along with their business as usual.

However, now fans are reporting via the PlayStation 4 subreddit that there have been several frustrating problems that have arisen along with the update's launch. Patch 7.50 has reportedly caused some PlayStation 4 systems to completely fail to boot up. Others have seen problems with infinite boot loops, where the system attempts to start up, then shuts down immediately afterward and repeats without allowing users to interact with the console.

Further, some users have reported problems with the error code SU-42118-6. This is an error code typically associated with the system's Blu-ray drive. It's preventing the update from being installed. Finally, some players are having trouble with their PlayStation 4 systems starting up, but appearing unresponsive.

PlayStation 4 subreddit users have suggested trying to eject Blu-ray discs from the system before beginning an update. Alternatively, if the system is already affected by one of several errors, try restarting the system in safe mode. You can do this by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and using a USB drive to install the firmware.
Sony has yet to release an official statement on the issues reportedly being caused by the new patch.
Did they, like, bypass the QA team and release it half-assed, or something? This is not what I expected one of the largest gaming companies to do; make their usually quite reliable consoles bug-ridden paperweights.
Especially now, when their console is more appealing than ever due to the multinational lockdown.

I wonder when we'll see 7.60? Or a reversion to whatever the previous update was?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs