Playstaion Games on o3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by HalpMe, Sep 2, 2018.

1. HalpMe
    OP

HalpMe Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to play ps1 games on an o3ds with 60 fps, or the whatever fps the game supports

2. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    Nope, the 3DS isn't powerful enough.

zacchi4k likes this.
  3. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    there is retroarch for 3ds that boots ps1 but it's pretty unplayable and not worth the effort

4. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Even on the N3DS Retroarch struggles with PS1 games, so emulating it on the O3DS at playable a speed is simply a lost cause

ConKonner likes this.
  5. Savior-X

Savior-X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    On my pi2, the standalone pcsx is faster than the retroarch version. Maybe someone can port that version someday. Even then, a n3ds will be required.

6. Itzumi

Itzumi Needs More Aesthetics

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    if retroarch doesnt work, i doubt that porting an entirely different emulator will work either

7. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Most psx games run perfectly if you convert to an eboot for PSP, if you just want that system's games on a handheld.

If it's just that you have a 3ds and wanted to use them on that... then well.. don't hold your breath.. look for ports of the games.. like Chrono Trigger or Dragon Warrior/Quest 7. (yes i realize Ct is actually a Super Nintendo game originally, but there was a PSX version between that and the DS version, and now steam version)

Last edited by tbb043, Sep 4, 2018
    ConKonner likes this.