Hacking Playing online help

ahbba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on Gateway 2.3 omega with latest emunand. Is there a way I can play my roms online without getting banned? Also what is the difference between a "scene dumped" rom and a nonscene dumped rom? Thanks.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know if its safe to play online? How can I make sure i dont get banned?

Don't listen to eggsample up above, that's bollocks what he says, know one knows 100% for sure so I suggest by a cheap 4GB game from the shops and export the header out of it and use that, then use Hexeditor to change the values to suit the game. Just to be sure.

ahbba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to eggsample up above, that's bollocks what he says, know one knows 100% for sure so I suggest by a cheap 4GB game from the shops and export the header out of it and use that, then use Hexeditor to change the values to suit the game. Just to be sure.

So having a header makes going online safe?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

Well yes and no, know one knows if or when Nintendo could ban people using there 3DS online with a header for sure. I suggested to get your own header cause that ID will not be used by anyone else so Nintendo will just think your using that online game on your console because that will be your own personal ID to your 3DS but if you use an ID header that thousands of other people are using online at the same time on multiple games there could be a risk/chance they could ban that ID which would in turn would ban those 3DS's that are using it but like I say I don't know this for certain, it would just make sense if you think about it!

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

You need to edit the header otherwise you won't be able to go online. You don't need to buy a 4GB game, you can use any game that you own. The reason for getting the header off your own game is so that you have a unique Cart ID instead of using a public one. It's assumed that this will reduce your chance of being banned (even though there are currently no known cases of someone being banned by using a public header).

To get your own unique header, you'll need to use the Gateway launcher menu to backup a game, then load that ROM into Gateway ROM Patcher and hit the Export button. Once you have the header, follow the instructions here to use it and edit it for other games. http://gbatemp.net/threads/scene-roms-online-tutorial-for-dummies.370589/

EDIT: I actually noticed that the link also gives instructions for getting your own header, so it has everything you need there.

ahbba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to edit the header otherwise you won't be able to go online. You don't need to buy a 4GB game, you can use any game that you own. The reason for getting the header off your own game is so that you have a unique Cart ID instead of using a public one. It's assumed that this will reduce your chance of being banned (even though there are currently no known cases of someone being banned by using a public header).

To get your own unique header, you'll need to use the Gateway launcher menu to backup a game, then load that ROM into Gateway ROM Patcher and hit the Export button. Once you have the header, follow the instructions here to use it and edit it for other games. http://gbatemp.net/threads/scene-roms-online-tutorial-for-dummies.370589/

EDIT: I actually noticed that the link also gives instructions for getting your own header, so it has everything you need there.

Do i have to purchase a game? Is it possible to use a downloaded rom?

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What if the rom i download is a .3dz file instead of .3ds and is online patched?

You're still better off using your own header. It's up to you. You probably won't get banned, but using something public will increase any chances that you may have.

peat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's completely wrong to suggest that this will stop you from being banned. It doesn't stop Nintendo from knowing you're using a gateway. It doesn't stop them from banning you in the future, or even remote bricking your console. Yes, no one has been banned using their own header, but no one has been banned for using one of the shared headers either. It's just an assumption someone came up with which has pretty much no basis in fact.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's completely wrong to suggest that this will stop you from being banned. It doesn't stop Nintendo from knowing you're using a gateway. It doesn't stop them from banning you in the future, or even remote bricking your console. Yes, no one has been banned using their own header, but no one has been banned for using one of the shared headers either. It's just an assumption someone came up with which has pretty much no basis in fact.
no need to get offensive, yeah its pretty much unknown if/what/when anything will happen but its plausible that they would be able to detect 1000 games using the same ID rather than just 1 game using the wrong ID, but again there no guarantee they cant just outright see who is and isn't using a flashcard.......nobody has been banned but there is no guarantee anyone will or won't just go with your gut instinct, does 2 mins to patch with a personal header, or a few months down the line having a bunch of people sayi "I TOLD YA!!!!"

yes it may never happen but then again it just maybe possibly might

peat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no need to get offensive, yeah its pretty much unknown if/what/when anything will happen but its plausible that they would be able to detect 1000 games using the same ID rather than just 1 game using the wrong ID, but again there no guarantee they cant just outright see who is and isn't using a flashcard.......nobody has been banned but there is no guarantee anyone will or won't just go with your gut instinct, does 2 mins to patch with a personal header, or a few months down the line having a bunch of people sayi "I TOLD YA!!!!"

yes it may never happen but then again it just maybe possibly might
I don't see how any of what I said was even slightly offensive..

TWBliZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm trying to play super smash bros I think I have the correct rom, my question is would I be able to play online if I change the card type to Card 2 the spi on my card is not working so I can't play card 1 games

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm trying to play super smash bros I think I have the correct rom, my question is would I be able to play online if I change the card type to Card 2 the spi on my card is not working so I can't play card 1 games

For 1000th time since smash came out. Use the fucking search tool.

There's another forum for people who don't want to burn neurons reading stuff, where you download the whole header and just inject it into to Rom

crabsmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit baffled with my problem getting it to work online. I have read the stickies, used the search tool.

I inject a MGS 3D header into my scene ROM. If I let the patcher automatically fix things, my Gateway always says the file is fragmented. If I don't let the patcher fix things the ROM works fine but I get online errors.

What exactly am I doing wrong here?

TWBliZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For 1000th time since smash came out. Use the fucking search tool.

There's another forum for people who don't want to burn neurons reading stuff, where you download the whole header and just inject it into to Rom

yes I understand that and I have done that with plenty of games as I said I am having this spi error and I cannot run card 1 games without getting the game card not found screen so I am asking is it possible to play online if I convert to card 2 type

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr