Playing NTSC on PAL Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by El-Grosso, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008

Playing NTSC on PAL Wii by El-Grosso at 10:06 AM (880 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. El-Grosso
    OP

Member El-Grosso GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've seen this question asked several times on this message board, but I just wanted to make sure before I did anything. I've only been playing PAL games on my Wii, and I've had no problems, but I just wanted to know about NTSC games. Do I have to patch them to PAL first? Or do I force them to PAL? Thanks.

2. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think forcing to PAL and patching to PAL each have the same end result. Doing both won't hurt either. But then I usually am grabbing the game of my region.

3. El-Grosso
    OP

Member El-Grosso GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I know, I know. All my games are PAL. It's just some games are going to be coming out in America a lot earlier than in England, so why not get the games a bit earlier. [​IMG]

4. testatura

Member testatura GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    actually,I have few ntcs games that work unpatched and even without forcing pal.. noticeable only that screen is a bit zoomed in..

5. quim69

Member quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Andorra
    hehe, well if you know why did you ask? ;-p

6. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    I only have 1 NTSC game and its Wii music

The initial disc i burnt when the beta loader was there wanted to update - and only gave me an OK option -so the wii was unplugged and i brick blocked it - worked fine then.

Out of curiousity i tried the original burn on the gamma loader and it didnt ask for an update at all - not sure if thats because theres a savegame or if its cause the gamma loader is now being used , but it works fine even without brickblocking it for me