Playing installed games without disc

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, if it's through the normal disc install method. I think it scans for the folder name to determine what's a disc dump, since the identifiers of what kind of content something is is based on the folder name. it removes the disc check checks from the game. that's all a god game is. it's a downloadable game from live without the disc checks. that's really the only difference.

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, if it's through the normal disc install method. I think it scans for the folder name to determine what's a disc dump, since the identifiers of what kind of content something is is based on the folder name. it removes the disc check checks from the game. that's all a god game is. it's a downloadable game from live without the disc checks. that's really the only difference.
Thanks for the help!
Much appreciated!

Reactions: godreborn

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It wouldn't alter the functionality of the games would it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, a jtag rip will allow more customization like mods and whatnot, but I don't deal with those. also, some games do not work as one or the other. I know I had a problem with blue dragon as a jtag rip, all discs would black screen almost immediately, think it was when loading a game on one of the discs and entering a battle on another or something. I tested it as a god game, no issues. that's also how I learned how to swap discs with god games, which is really easy.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well, a jtag rip will allow more customization like mods and whatnot, but I don't deal with those. also, some games do not work as one or the other. I know I had a problem with blue dragon as a jtag rip, all discs would black screen almost immediately, think it was when loading a game on one of the discs and entering a battle on another or something. I tested it as a god game, no issues. that's also how I learned how to swap discs with god games, which is really easy.
So whenever I want to install a game on my HDD, instead of ripping it to the drive, I should install it and run nxe2god.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot to mention this but a few of my games are burned to dual layer discs, would nxe2god convert them to games on demand without any problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1