Playing Backup=Brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Christopho, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Christopho
    OP

Christopho GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Now that I got your attention since it's such an easy question, Will playing backups and saving brick your Wii if you had a save from an original?

Scenario: 2 years ago I played SSBB (i.e. Super Smash Bros. Brawl) and I made a save file. So just for fun, in case it ever breaks, I installed it via USB Loader GX "Install Game" option. If I played SSBB through the USB Loader GX and made a save file would I brick my Wii? I forgot where I heard this (wasn't even sure if it was the right system...), and wanted to know if this was true.

Thanks in Advance~

2. TheNewbPleaser

TheNewbPleaser GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2009
    Costa Rica
    no a usbloader CANNOT brick a wii. the instal option might just kill your lens quicker but i stil recomend u use instal:P

GL mate

3. Christopho
    OP

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    lolz I know it couldn't brick my wii (unless I was retarded and installed a virus in my wii which would screw it up), and I don't see how that answered my question, no offense >.

4. Danny600kill

Danny600kill xD

Aug 3, 2009
    United States
    Manchester
    No, the save will be fine and so will your wii, its treats the save no differently

5. Christopho
    OP

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    I couln't find a "Thanks" button, so thanks ^^. Must have been the PS2 that the backup corrupts the save then......

6. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Never happened to me on the PS2.