Gaming Played the Pokken tournament demo, wont be buying it.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,838
  • Replies 24
D

Deleted User

OP
I downloaded the Pokken Tournament demo the other day. I'm not a huge fan of Tekken, but I figured that the demo was free so I'd give it a shot. The demo was fun for a few rounds, but lacking a harder difficulty I didn't play it for very long. I learned the controls and then deleted it off my Wii U.

If I were to buy the game then there would be a harder difficulty and more characters so I'd get a good amount of enjoyment out of it, but given that none of my real life friends are Wii U gamers I'm not going to have anyone to compete with. It seems to me like Sm4sh, the single player is fun but multiplayer is where the game truly shines.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
The Pokkén demo completely sucks. There said it. It only allows to use the GamePad and very little choice of roster so hardly the way to get into the game.

I'm using a Gioteck GC-2 and it's literally one of my favourite fighting games ever now, yeah, I'm not big on fighting genre but this is really addictive and tons of fun. Couldn't see myself using the Official Hori Pokkén Arcade controller, though. The lack of an analogue stick for this game is a deal breaker for me.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
i didnt played the Demo and i bought it (well im playing it with loadiine gx2)
Same. I bought it based on the gameplay footage that I saw and a Pokémon fighting game that you can actually fight using the Tekken engine? Sign me up!

Reactions: Rizzorules
D

Deleted User

OP
When I wrote this post I forgot that the game has online multiplayer and according to TheJwittz its not laggy as fuck like sm4sh is. Am I going to buy it now? Maybe. I still think that local multiplayer with a friend who's around your skill level is more fun.

I don't remember where in his review he said that and I'm not watching it again just to find out.

Last edited by ,

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's even better if you have a friend with a Wii u and the game. you can local it up like a real arcade machine. I think its the first LAN wii u game

Reactions: Deleted User
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
When I wrote this post I forgot that the game has online multiplayer and according to TheJwittz its not laggy as fuck like sm4sh is. Am I going to buy it now? Maybe. I still think that local multiplayer with a friend who's around your skill level is more fun.

I don't remember where in his review he said that and I'm not watching it again just to find out.

Haven't come across any lag so far.

P.S. Shadow Mewtwo's HP cannot be increased. Just in case anyone's grinding to get him to level 70 and 80+.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played more POKKEN Matches then I have played SMASH. Smash is boring compared to Pokken. My opinion, not that any one cares or asked for it. Which is to be said the same of this post.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Have fun playing this online with constant keepaway/zoning based players and shadow mewtwo infinites.
I've been meaning to play Pokkén but ever since I've got back to Netflix it hasn't been easy because there isn't a whole lot to do. Only the Iron League's left and then bam, online matches.

Wish there was a story to it or a "Pokkén Street" like in Tekken 3.

Reactions: cvskid

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game has an annoying rock, paper, scissors fighting system. So disappointing. So sad.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
The game has an annoying rock, paper, scissors fighting system. So disappointing. So sad.
I know what you mean but for the most part you can control what happens so this isn't a Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi disaster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already