GCN Play PAL games on NTSC switched Gamecube

poo-man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Had a good dig around and can't find an answer to this. I have an NTSC GC that has a switch so I can play Jap games on it too. However, I've just been given some old PAL games and I fancied a quick blast. How do I get them to work? I've read about the freeloader, but there seems to be a bit of confusion over which version I would need. Would it be the NTSC version of the freeloader? Any other ideas are welcome.

Cheers.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you will need an NTSC Freeloader disck (or an NTSC version of Action Replay that comes with it) to do anything wit the PAL games. If your GameCube is also able to run games from Japan, then a Japan version of Freeloader/Action Replay would work as well.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
PAL games on NTSC gamecube have two effects. Some games play in English only.
50hz video needs an expensive component cable to look right.

I don't know much about Japan version Action Replay either, except its menus are translated.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
you could also get the ntsc-u sd media launcher and get the geckOS build especially made for the cube. it can load games of any region. (some games are incompatible. the only incompatible one I have is harvest moon - a wonderful life. other pal games are semi incompatible, but boot up correctly by forcing pal 60 mode (for example nfs - carbon). so.. it is able to force the video mode of your choise.

and do you have a wii?
there are much more homebrew tools to load games from any region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse