Hacking PKHex Help/Omega Ruby

PandaMayFire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys, everything works great, but whenever I make any Pokemon in PKHex it can't be used online at all, is anybody else having this problem? I'm pretty stumped, any help would be appreciated

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Something about the Pokémon doesn't add up, and it's getting detected by the hack checks. I'm not sure there are a lot of Gen 6 legality guides yet, but you can search for guides made for Gens 4/5 to get an idea of what may be wrong...

Reactions: PandaMayFire

PandaMayFire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something about the Pokémon doesn't add up, and it's getting detected by the hack checks. I'm not sure there are a lot of Gen 6 legality guides yet, but you can search for guides made for Gens 4/5 to get an idea of what may be wrong...

I'll keep searching, thank you ^ I just keep getting that stupid "something is wrong with a party Pokemon" blah blah error, but I've got this... hopefully :nayps3:

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll keep searching, thank you ^ I just keep getting that stupid "something is wrong with a party Pokemon" blah blah error, but I've got this... hopefully :nayps3:

Some obvious flaws are: impossible moves, over 510 EVs total, over 252 EVs in a single stat, IVs over 31, Egg Moves on a non-hatched Pokémon, unreleased abilities, impossible met/hatched locations... Some more complicated ones may be the Nature/IVs/PID/Shiny/TrainerID/SecretID relationship, which I'm not even sure still works that way (these values were all related in Gen 4). You may want a flame shield, since hacking Pokémon for online play, even if within the limits of the game, is heavily frowned upon here :P

PandaMayFire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some obvious flaws are: impossible moves, over 510 EVs total, over 252 EVs in a single stat, IVs over 31, Egg Moves on a non-hatched Pokémon, unreleased abilities, impossible met/hatched locations... Some more complicated ones may be the Nature/IVs/PID/Shiny/TrainerID/SecretID relationship, which I'm not even sure still works that way (these values were all related in Gen 4). You may want a flame shield, since hacking Pokémon for online play, even if within the limits of the game, is heavily frowned upon here :P

Fixed it! I'm not sure what EXACTLY the problem was, but I added memories, move tutor moves, and cured Pokerus, went online, and it let me battle with them. So, I want to say it was the re-learn move slots I didn't put anything in that made them unusable and possibly the memories

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fixed it! I'm not sure what EXACTLY the problem was, but I added memories, move tutor moves, and cured Pokerus, went online, and it let me battle with them. So, I want to say it was the re-learn move slots I didn't put anything in that made them unusable and possibly the memories

Most likely the Pokerus, non of my pokemon have any re-learn moves and they are able to go online just fine.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I always found it easier to take an existing pokemon I know is legit and convert into the new pokemon I want. I then only have to change ability, stats, and egg moves. Optional things like nickname and nature/held item I also set. The servers do check the relearn slots as well so be careful with that. It's easiest to gen pokemon to have came from the day-care.

Though obviously you can't do this with legendaries. I have genned 20+ pokemon for some of the people I know and only 1 got blocked. And that was a result of me forgetting to update the egg moves on it. (left eggmoves from the previous pokemon I made). But that was a quick fix and I was on my way again. :D

I use Bulbapedia as a reference point for valid movesets and ablities. Things get a bit more tricky if you are wanting to gen a pokemon that originated from a previous gen game. I have succeeded in doing that as well. :P

PandaMayFire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always found it easier to take an existing pokemon I know is legit and convert into the new pokemon I want. I then only have to change ability, stats, and egg moves. Optional things like nickname and nature/held item I also set. The servers do check the relearn slots as well so be careful with that. It's always to gen most pokemon as those that had came from the daycare. Though obviously you can't do this with legendaries. I have genned 20+ pokemon for some of the people I know and only 1 got blocked. And that was a result of me forgetting to update the egg moves on it. (left eggmoves from the previous pokemon I made). But that was a quick fix and I was on my way again. :D

I use Bulbapedia as a reference point for valid movesets and ablities. Things get a bit more tricky if you are wanting to gen a pokemon that originated from a previous gen game. I have succeeded in doing that as well. :P

All of you guy's advice worked flawlessly, I know have 4 boxes of battle readies hehehe :bow: But there's still one thing I don't understand, what's the easiest way to gen the legends? I can't get the legends to work at all, though the breedable Pokemon are fine and pass all the checks flawlessly

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
With legendarys you have to know their correct met location and met level. You may have to do some googling if you don't already have an existing legendary. I caught every single legend from mirage spots, so it's only event pokemon I would have issues doing. Don't forget with event pokemon, it's important that some of the information in the "Memories" section of PKHeX is set correctly. One reason why it's always best to use an existing pokemon as a base.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)