Pkg2 read error, partial emmc?

stinkod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
My switch last year appeared to brick upon disconnecting the AC adapter while it was docked. I read online this happens to some earlier models so I figured it was unusable and eventually got a new one. However upon discovering the modding scene and finding my old switch is moddable, I went back and was able to boot Hekate, Linux, and Android. Stock and CFW wouldnt boot though. I've gone through a tutorial to rebuild the nand and everything went smoothly, but rather than its typical switch logo freeze it went to a pink screen. Hekate and the rest still boots fine and I dont believe I made any mistakes in the process. Upon attempting to load Atmosphere I'm encountered with an error of reading "pkg2" and it seems Hekate either cant find or interact with pkg2. I understand this all could be explained by an internal mechanical failure related to how it bricked, but I'd like to exhaust my methods of fixing this without sending it to Nintendo and potentially wasting money.

Thank you in advance for any help,

TLDR: "Bricked" switch stuck at pink screen. Hekate can't find pkg2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm