Hacking Question Pinball FX3: "Could not start the software..."

BlackBlue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't get Pinball FX3 to work. I can install it but after I launch it, I always get the message "Could not start the software. Please try again from the home menu".
This* Switch is on OFW 11.0.0.
Atmosphere 0.18.1/S
SX OS beta 3.1.0

This is the only game that returns this error. I tried everything in both payloads (installing with Tinfoil, Awoo installer, Goldleaf and also with SX OS Installer, also with WiFi on/off): result is always the same.
* Important to say is, this game (same nsp and xci files) works perfectly on my other Switch with OFW 11.0.1 and Atmosphere 0.18.1/S.

Any idea/suggestion?

Last edited by BlackBlue,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Turn on airplane mode. You can still use bluetooth controllers in airplane mode, but you have to tell it to the system configuration.

Why don't you update Atmosphere and the sigpatches? Make sure that you have the updated payload (fusee-primary.bin) and booting off of that when entering atmosphere. There are a lot of possibilities to why it's going wrong.

Last edited by tabzer,

BlackBlue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Turn on airplane mode. You can still use bluetooth controllers in airplane mode, but you have to tell it to the system configuration.

Why don't you update Atmosphere and the sigpatches? Make sure that you have the updated payload (fusee-primary.bin) and booting off of that when entering atmosphere. There are a lot of possibilities to why it's going wrong.

Which is the latest version of Atmosphere?
Sigpatches are updated and I boot Atmosphere with fusee-primary.bin

Anyway I got the game to work with a workaround (base game as xci in SX OS).

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Which is the latest version of Atmosphere?
Sigpatches are updated and I boot Atmosphere with fusee-primary.bin

Anyway I got the game to work with a workaround (base game as xci in SX OS).

I misread, it looks like you are using the latest version of Atmosphere, and fusee-primary was last updated in v 0.17.0, so I doubt that's the issue.

The game works for me via Atmosphere. There are a few possibilities that could cause your issue, but the most likely cause is a bad write during an install has left lingering data which isn't being removed or overwritten properly, causing all future installations to not work. There's not an easy fix to that, afaik. Seems like your solution is the best for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM