aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short, I'm moving into rented accommodation for Uni this Saturday (the 14th of this month), and (due to the previous tenant failing to give me any information until today) will be without Internet access for, potentially, over a week from then.

I have to re-work and hand in an examination paper by the 20th of this month, and one of my house-mates has revision for a full set of exam re-sits (Physics and Mathematics components) on the 18th. We're both Physicists coming up to our respective second years.

I've already downloaded all of the lecture notes, past papers, and solutions made available by the department from the University's on-line system, and have made a mirror of the popular HyperPhysics resource. I'm considering downloading all of the Oxford first-year Mathematics notes (I don't study there, but they seem to make their Maths notes available to everyone and his dog).

Are there any additional resources that anyone knows of which would potentially be of assistance to either of us? Other than Wikipedia, I mean...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will probably have been given homework and suggested books, while maths websites are great for learning maths if it is just passing exams you are after go with that.
http://www.wolfram.com/ does a lot for me but when playing at these levels a regular internet search of domains .ac.uk OR .edu usually brings up what I want.

Similarly no big university shuts for summer holidays (not to mention they are well aware of resits and most things will open back up in time for them not to mention not everybody is on the same term time)- you should have a library (with internet) available to you.

aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fair enough. If I'm lucky, the University library will be open. Of course, I'd prefer to work in my room, so I'm trying to anticipate these websites in advance and mirror them.

It's just occurred to me that I could use my phone for the odd Google search (hooray for Smart-Phones and 3G). Hell, if I wanted to I could connect it up as a modem. I'd have to be a bit careful, though. It'd be hard to resist the urge to run μTorrent...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC. +1