Photoshop image resize help?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Lucifer666, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    All right it's rather difficult to explain what I want so I'll try my best.

Basically I have a photoshop document wherein I've imported a lot of images and shrank them to fit in the doc.

However if I stretch them/scale them up again they would still have their original quality. Meaning that photoshop is holding all the original data when I shrink them.

The problem is that my .PSD has a HUGE file size now, impossible to email to anyone.

So I already have the images laid out where I want them and shrunk. Is there any way to make their current shrunk size permanent, to take up less space?

If I was unclear let me know

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    How about you send all of them in a .7z file?

3. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Dealing with not-so-technologically advanced people; I doubt they'd know how to extract files from a 7z.

Besides this is something I'd genuinely know how to do for future projects, since storing unnecessary pixels is a huge waste of space

4. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    a .zip file then? It is natively openable like any folder.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I do recall seeing an option on a video once (one of the further right menus) in which you could unlink the size adjustment layers from the base images/tell it not to store the base image.

In a pinch a new layer from visible and then export that could be a better choice.

Afraid I mainly bother gimp for my image editing needs though so I can not recall the exact steps. It was definitely a phlearn tutorial I saw it in but I have been going through my opened tabs (down to a lean 70 from 270) so it could have been posted at any time really.

It might have been

6. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Export as PNG or JPG.
    Why send the picture as a project to your family?

Mario92 likes this.
  7. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    This.
    PSD, XCF, etc. are project files meaning almost all the data are kept intact so if you come back to change something quality aren't lost. You need to export images to PNG, JPG, etc. or other regular image format.

Actually I'm also almost certain that if you do send it as PSD, receiver wouldn't be able to open it unless they happen to also have photoshop or gimp installed.