Photochannel 1.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gnomeoncrack, Feb 21, 2009.

1. gnomeoncrack
    OP

gnomeoncrack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I was wondering if there was anyway to downgrade a wii's photochannel to 1.0 that didn't have it to begin with. The reason I'm interested in downgrading is the mp3 compatibility. I know i can just use mPlayer, but my first wii originally had the 1.0 and I kind of miss it, and I really did pay for the mp3 functionality.

I've tried using anytitledeleter to take out 1.1 since there was a 1.0 still there, but it seemed to have deleted the channel completely, so I had to download the update via the shop channel, which brought it back, albeit it says that i need to update my wii to continue using it? (i;m on 3.2u). I don't recall if it was like that before, but I don't really remember. If anyone knows it's normal or just screwed up, drop a line.

My only thoughts that to make this possible would be to install a 1.0 wad. I thought maybe someone had made a wad of 1.0 but I can't seem to find any.

Thanks for the help!

2. gnomeoncrack
    OP

gnomeoncrack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    yea i think i fucked up the channel cause there is no distinction between 1.0 and 1.1 in the anytitledeleter

3. MisterOhm

MisterOhm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2008
    United States
    Use WUFE to extract Photo Channel 1.0 from a disc with a 3.2 update. Trust me, I did the same thing.

4. john25usa

john25usa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2008
    or if you have an iso with the old photo channel on your computer already just extract it with wii scrubber

5. gnomeoncrack
    OP

gnomeoncrack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    anyone know of list of games that has the old photo channel in it?

6. leonheart_a

leonheart_a GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    London
    Just go for old games like Super Paper mario and sonic and the secret rings.