OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the button controls mod DOES WORK!
So what this means is you won't have a really badly scratched GamePad screen by the end of the game, if you're a hard presser like me!

P.S. It is Loadiine only and I am going to look into creating a custom layout for you guys today, if I can figure it out.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1.) You'll have to find the patch, since I'm not sure if it's legal (hint: romhack) and then use XDELTA (UI version is recommended for noobs) to apply it to your own ROM.

2.) Rename the ROM to whatever (mine was phantomdpad.nds), use a zipping program to zip it and then rename the resulting .zip to: rom

3.) Next, find the rom.zip in the "content" folders of your extracted WUD (don't ask where to find one) and replace it with the previous ROM.zip you just made.

4.) Copy to your SD Card like any other Loadiine game and launch it from Loadiine. ENJOY!

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the button controls mod DOES WORK!
So what this means is you won't have a really badly scratched GamePad screen by the end of the game

Nice, I always kind of liked the touch style gameplay but I might try this to see how it feels.
I bought an iPad 4 screen protector when I bought my WiiU and cut it to size for my gamepad screen and applied it straight out of the box to protect it from games like these that use the TouchPad a lot.

Reactions: yuyuyup

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
'Kay, I've changed the size of the lower screen on the TV to full to see if I can do something similar to Wind Waker HD where the map is on the gamepad. I'll let you know if it worked, I just need to do more testing.

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okayyy...I got what I wanted working but it's WAY too pixelated.
Should I enable Bilinear or should I set pixelArtUpscaler to something like 20?

EDIT: I set renderscale to 500. Dear god, I hope I don't break my Wii U.
EDIT 2: I'm setting both Renderscale and PixelArtUpscaler to 9001.

Last edited by EarlAB,

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, whatever. If it's against the rules, please don't ban. Just delete this post.
Anyways, the config below makes it so that the touch screen is the only thing on the TV (just like WWHD) whereas the game pad shows the map and touch screen. I did this because you sometimes need to use the touch screen. Included in the download is a background texture for the game pad that you can optionally put in the "textures" folder.

Attachments

• PH_Fullscreen.zip
    729.8 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i don't see why the patch/mod wouldn't have worked?
unless, things are not perfect with the ds implementation? i'm not sure :)

Reactions: EarlAB

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i don't see why the patch/mod wouldn't have worked?
unless, things are not perfect with the ds implementation? i'm not sure :)
When you move a block it seems you need to use the touch screen. It would also be needed for those puzzles where you have to draw. It was also used by me, just recently, to pick up a cucoo because the A button also attacks. Nowhere in the romhack description said it was 100% perfect which is why I'm glad I can now play this on the Wii U.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn