ROM Hack Phantasy Star 0 Encryption?

Freudian Lemur

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would really like to fix the font in Phantasy Star 0 but the font file (.NFTR) is encrypted like most of the other files (so I have been told). Does anyone know anything about the encryption? I don't even know where to begin.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys are right. I'n SICK of DS ganes using that stupid font. (Devil Survivor and Luninous Arc 2 both use it, I've noticed).
I think an online petition night actually work since the font just sucks and it can't be too expensive for the conpanies to buy/nake a new one.

Asaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, well, I guess I'm out of luck either way, I'll need a real cart if I want to play multiplayer
frown.gif

Dark315055Vash

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vash.romhacking.it
XP
Country
Italy
I managed to extract the font from the ram but as i can see the ZPR files are not just encrypted but also compressed (or maybe just compressed..). Anyway, the NFTR file was different from usual because it has ram pointers. I managed to modify them by hand and here's the result:

DarthNemesis, you might want to add a feature to your ntfr editor. If the pointer of each field (CMAP HWCD etc.) is beyond EOF you could ask for an integer to subtract so that it can work with ram-pointers too

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A question, is possible take the model of the weapons in the jap PS0 and putting back in the usa version?
They hace erased too many good weapons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: