PGS - Portable Gaming System Handheld by PGS Lab

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by Robman2122, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Robman2122
    OP

Robman2122 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    United States
    Before I get too into this, I apologize if this is a duplicate of something posted elsewhere. I searched and searched but did not find anything, and searching PGS and PGS Lab on the forum resulted in a "search string too short" error. "PGS Handheld" didn't return anything like what this is, so I will assume for now that it is safe to post.

Any-who, so I came across this supposed new handheld getting ready to take the market by storm on some other forums. It's called the PGS, or Portable Gaming System. Website is http://pgslab.com/ (Mods: can I link to another site for this purpose? If not, please edit and remove). It is supposedly being designed by engineers from all over the world and is comprised mostly of individuals who do not speak English (hence the many grammatical errors on their posts/pages). There are many red flags that point to this one being just another fake, but to me, it seems like they've taken things just a touch too far at making it seem like a legit project for it to be completely fake.

The long and short of it, they are supposedly making a handheld portable device (2 models) that will dual boot between Windows 10 and Android 6.0. It will have built in game controls with a sliding mechanism similar to the Xperia Play with a second touch screen between the controls (similar to a Nintendo DS). It will all be powered by a an Intel Atom x7 chip, 8 GB of ram and a 128GB SSD and the higher tier model will also function as a smart phone. To top it all off, it seems that the earlybird pricing on the kickstarter will be placing the lower end model at $230 and the "hardcore" edition at $260. No word as to what the retail pricing would be on either of them after the fact (at least nothing more than speculation that I've read here and there).

Everything seems too good to be true to me, but the kickstarter page is supposed to go live by the end of the month.

What does everyone else think about this supposed handheld?

Last edited by Robman2122, Jun 27, 2016
  2. otenko

otenko Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Brazil
    In theory, it seems interesting. However I think maybe there will be some issues, like battery life and heating maybe. Even with 6120mAh, when you have a pc game running on this in QHD it will eat a lot of energy. Besides, the dual boot will make updates hard.

3. ployermick

ployermick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016

This video says it all