Hacking Permanent hack on 3000 03g

arapozo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had my PSP for some years and wasn't using it for a while. Recently I picked it up again to play FF Type-0 only to find out that I needed to update the FW.

Before, I had "PRO Nightly Build" on the version so I don't know which one I had. I updated it to 6.60 Pro C2 and found out that I cannot get it to run permanently where I previously had it.

So the question is on my PSP model on this firmware, is not possible to make the hack permanent?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, the latest you can run "permanent" CFW on it is 6.20. Though, it's really not that big of a deal to just relaunch it into CFW. If that bugs you, just put it in sleep mode instead of turning it off, if you're going to use it anytime soon.

arapozo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response. I'll just use it like this and not worry myself much about not having it permanent.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats that do?

i've been just putting mine into sleep for years, battery is fine.
If I remember correctly, it's mainly for those that want to use their PSP for playing music. When enabled, it underclocks the PSP and turns off the display, so it will still play music but use minimal resources while doing so. It does not replace the sleep function or improve it.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, it's mainly for those that want to use their PSP for playing music. When enabled, it underclocks the PSP and turns off the display, so it will still play music but use minimal resources while doing so. It does not replace the sleep function or improve it.

If you put the PSP in HOLD mode (by moving the power switch up) it drops the CPU frequency down to like 66mhz (I think). I could be wrong, but I thought that works while in sleep mode as well.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put the PSP in HOLD mode (by moving the power switch up) it drops the CPU frequency down to like 66mhz (I think). I could be wrong, but I thought that works while in sleep mode as well.
If it's in sleep mode, it won't do anything. Sleep mode is already as efficient as it gets as it powers down everything it can. I think the only things still active is an underclocked CPU and RAM. Hold+ is for if you want to reduce its power usage without putting it to sleep or turning it off (like if you want to listen to music).

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: VashTS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...