Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Cia's Still use Headers. They are public headers set to FFFFFFF.
You can still get banned if i remember that correctly.
The difference is truly that you don't have to fork over 90 dollars for a cart when CFW is free.
Some games on Sky3DS+ Can't be played while if you install it through the CIA it will work.
I saw the post about people getting banned back in February 2015 and they said that they were using CIA's aswell. So thats where i got it from.

I'm pretty Much ditching my 2DS now, Gonna go to ebay and get a 3DS XL (no money for a N3ds) This tiny 2DS is.. Pathetic. I like it, I like the quality, i love it in fact but its just... I want to feel normal. lol. Sorry for the confusion about the CIA banning :)
No problem ... now that it's going to be possible to get CFW on N3DS up to 10.3, it seems a shame not to get one. You should install lots of legit CIAs on your 2DS to get as much money for it as possible, and work a little, save a little, and get an N3DS. It wasn't worthwhile before due to how much extra you'd have to pay and bother you'd have to go to, but right now you can get any old N3DS from a pawn shop or retail or anywhere. At least you don't have to get into it super fast - retail N3DS' will have <= 10.3 for a long time!

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I got everything setup. Now I have to learn about CIAS, Emunand, sysnand. When I use Emunand with my nnid I cannot use it on the sysnand also right?

Reactions: Akshuls

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I got everything setup. Now I have to learn about CIAS, Emunand, sysnand. When I use Emunand with my nnid I cannot use it on the sysnand also right?
You wouldn't want to use Eshop on Sysnand as you can't go in it because of your firmware, So you can just keep booting in emunand(hopefully yours is updated) to get into the Eshop, or just get updates from that one 3ds site *wink wink*

I don't have my NNID linked AT ALL. I don't really need the Eshop.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're good, Don't worry about Sysnand. How do you boot into emunand? Do you boot straight to rxtools? or do you use CTRBootManager?
Thank god you asked me that. I was using the browser to do it then I was trying to use the CTRBootmanager and its giving me an arm9 err in some ways folder and refers to code.bin file.. But I can't see a solution for it. I'm on rxtools 2.6 should I use 3.0?

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank god you asked me that. I was using the browser to do it then I was trying to use the CTRBootmanager and its giving me an arm9 err in some ways folder and refers to code.bin file.. But I can't see a solution for it. I'm on rxtools 2.6 should I use 3.0?

Yes, You should be using rxtools 3.0 Nightly. Instead of booting with CTR you could just use rxtools, boot.3dsx to boot and it boots in emunand automatically with Menuhax, And install a Homebrew Launcher cia with FBI. and When you can, find the BigBlueMenu, Don't use FBI. I find BigBlueMenu to be more reliable to install CIA's.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, You should be using rxtools 3.0 Nightly. Instead of booting with CTR you could just use rxtools, boot.3dsx to boot and it boots in emunand automatically with Menuhax, And install a Homebrew Launcher cia with FBI. and When you can, find the BigBlueMenu, Don't use FBI. I find BigBlueMenu to be more reliable to install CIA's.

I feel lost right now. LOL. 1st I should start changing from version 2.6 to the latest one. Then it will boot without the CTR using menuhax?

Verrannicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine was sent out 5 days ago or so and looks like it will finally be arriving today. Can't really blame them for the shitty delivery time because USPS sucks, and I'm just glad to finally get the thing.

Verrannicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with USPS. They do SUCK!!!
Coming from Canada especially so. Back there the delivery guys would try to scam you out of cash when they delivered stuff, but it was always on time. With USPS my package was bouncing back and forth in Kansas City for two days before finally coming my way.

melliu30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you end up getting it? It looks like it went straight to you without interception. Lucky bro!

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 3.35.16 AM.png

Last edited by melliu30,

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing. Thats weird. It says delivered but I didnt get it. Lucky me I got my refund.

Also, Sophia emailed me. That they made that mistake, and if I got something? I showed proof that I didnt, and the rest I don't know, they were going to resolve it with USPS. Now I'm thinking... If I never asked for a refund, I would be here waiting for the Sky and money paid and all they would say is that I got it delivered when I didn't. Lucky me I went with custom firmware and quit Sky3DS/+

There are some other users with the same ''mistake'' but never got anything too. I hope they recover the packages and the loses because it was a hell of a mess.

Last edited by Michierusama,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1