61Bt1uGEV5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 18

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They're plausible (and likely require the power supply to support 12 V output), now if they're cheap crap with excessively thin wire is another question :)

Reactions: Lostbhoy

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Never used one, but should work fine, at almost all Nintendo products the WiiU uses 15V. and as consumption, the WiiU ask to the PSU 5 Amp.

Any USB-C can give you 15V which should be fine. and if the cable have the correct electronics can ask to an USB-C PD 2.0 charger to deliver 15 Volts and 5 amps .

1708284418298.png

1708284877634.png

by example the USB PD 1.0 standard defines the next ratings:

USB Power Delivery 1.0​

Profile​

Voltage​

Current​

Power​

Supported devices​

15 V2 A10 Wsmartphones, hard drives, small accessories
212 V1.5 A18 Wsmartphones, tablets, Ultrabooks™, larger accessories
312 V3 A36 Wfuture smartphones, notebooks, displays, hubs
420 V3 A60 Wlarger notebooks, hubs, docking stations
520 V5 A100 W *workstations, hubs, external graphic cards

USB PD 2 & 3 standards handle more current:

USB Power Delivery 2.0/3.0​

Profile​

Voltage​

Current​

Power​

Supported devices​

15 V0.1 - 3.0 [A]10 Wheadphones, small accessories
29 V1.67 - 3.0 [A]15 - 27 Wsmartphones, cameras and drones
315 V1.8 - 3.0 [A]27 - 45 Wtablets, and small laptops
420 V2.25 - 3.0 [A]
3.0 - 5.0 [A] *
45 - 100 Wlarge laptops and displays

So any 35W or superior USB-C charger can do the job.

Last edited by impeeza,

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never used one, but should work fine, at almost all Nintendo products the WiiU uses 4.75 V. and as consumption, the WiiU ask to the PSU 1.6 Amp.

The USB-c by default give you 5 V which should be fine. and if the cable have the correct electronics can ask to all USB-C chargers can deliver 5 Volts and 2 amps (Even a USB A charger can do)

View attachment 420834
View attachment 420835

by example the USB PD 1.0 standard defines the next ratings:

USB Power Delivery 1.0​

Profile​

Voltage​

Current​

Power​

Supported devices​

15 V2 A10 Wsmartphones, hard drives, small accessories
212 V1.5 A18 Wsmartphones, tablets, Ultrabooks™, larger accessories
312 V3 A36 Wfuture smartphones, notebooks, displays, hubs
420 V3 A60 Wlarger notebooks, hubs, docking stations
520 V5 A100 W *workstations, hubs, external graphic cards

USB PD 2 & 3 standards handle more current:

USB Power Delivery 2.0/3.0​

Profile​

Voltage​

Current​

Power​

Supported devices​

15 V0.1 - 3.0 [A]10 Wheadphones, small accessories
29 V1.67 - 3.0 [A]15 - 27 Wsmartphones, cameras and drones
315 V1.8 - 3.0 [A]27 - 45 Wtablets, and small laptops
420 V2.25 - 3.0 [A]
3.0 - 5.0 [A] *
45 - 100 Wlarge laptops and displays

So most with the default profile any USB-C charger will replace a WiiU PSU.
Thank you for your detailed answer. I don't know much about electricity but, as the Wii U power Brick is a transformer, what kind of USB charger should I get to transform the exact power to the Wii U (and also the Wii) to be closest if no identical from the OEM Nintendo Brick ?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you for your detailed answer. I don't know much about electricity but, as the Wii U power Brick is a transformer, what kind of USB charger should I get to transform the exact power to the Wii U (and also the Wii) to be closest if no identical from the OEM Nintendo Brick ?
Whit that cable, ANY USB-C 35+ Watts charger will do the magic.

Last edited by impeeza,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
None risks to BURN my brand new White Japanese Wii U 32gb with black back ports, samsung nand and European region firmware ? She is extremely rare 😭
Nop. The charger will give you no more amps than the asked by device (adapter) explicitly ask for it using a very precise protocol

Last edited by impeeza,

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nop. The charger will give you no more amps than the asked by device and the voltage is always 5 volts unless the device (adapter) explicitly ask for it on a very precise protocol
So all it could be happened in electricity is that there is not enough power and the device shutdown ? (Like hdd problem with Y cable need). And that the USB cable, if bad manufacture, overheat or something.

In the best case I will plug on the Wii U an HDD and the GameCube adapter / charge pro controllers (and an SD card)
Post automatically merged:

Chargers I have are 5V 2A, it makes 10W. With this table, does it mean I need a 45W charger ? I also saw that the regular Wii need 12V 3.7A so 45W to works. How a regular charger could power the Wii Wii U if can only handle 10W. Sorry I'm so asking

Attachments

• IMG_20240218_235647.jpg
    IMG_20240218_235647.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by creedof69,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So all it could be happened in electricity is that there is not enough power and the device shutdown ? (Like hdd problem with Y cable need). And that the USB cable, if bad manufacture, overheat or something.

In the best case I will plug on the Wii U an HDD and the GameCube adapter / charge pro controllers (and an SD card)

Chargers I have are 5V 2A, it makes 10W. With this table, does it mean I need a 45W charger ? I also saw that the regular Wii need 12V 3.7A so 45W to works. How a regular charger could power the Wii Wii U if can only handle 10W. Sorry I'm so asking
Don't worry, is better be sure than sorry.

as that table describes yes, you console can consume up to 34 Watts (also this study confim it: https://www.nrdc.org/sites/default/files/video-game-consoles-IP.pdf),

The Wii U PSU is a 75 Watts one but normally the console only ask up to 35 Watts max so the cable adapter can use any 35+ Watts USB-C PD charger as stated on the description of the adapters

Last edited by impeeza,

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't worry, is better be sure than sorry.

as that table describes yes, you console can consume up to 34 Watts (also this study confim it: https://www.nrdc.org/sites/default/files/video-game-consoles-IP.pdf), but, the Official WiiU PSU have the label of 4.75 V 1.6 A rating:

View attachment 420869

So the 34 Watts consumption is AT the AC side, the PSU must to drain 34 Watts from your outlet to give the 4.75V 1.6A to Console,

The efficiency of the conversion between the AC line current and the DC consumption of your console is low and that's true for all the PSU. So any USB-C charger will be able to supply the max 4.75V 1.6A required by console, and if in that charger when you are playing at the max capacity of the console using Wifi all time you connect a AC Watt-meter you will find a consumption of approx 35 Watts AC even if to the console you are providing 12.2 Watts (4.75V X 1.6A)

So don't worry. As stated myself before I never used a adapter cable of these on my console buy already used some similar to my 3DS and PSP and they are working just fine.
I think this one is the one for the Gamepad 👀

You need something that can supply 15V 5A for the Wii U end.
Yeah something about 75W

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You need something that can supply 15V 5A for the Wii U end.
no so many chargers can supply that because is not a USB-PD standard but if the WiiU needs the same rating what the Switch will not be a surprise for me, which indeed is a surprise is what that is not marked down on the label of the original PSU ;(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no so many chargers can supply that because is not a USB-PD standard but if the WiiU needs the same rating what the Switch will not be a surprise for me, which indeed is a surprise is what that is not marked down on the label of the original PSU ;(

I doubt 15V 3A would work.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The problem is solved:

ON THE AMAZON DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCTS:

Wigearss 6.5Ft (2M) Type C Power Charge Cable for Wii U Work with a 35w-65w Power Adapter-Gray (not Include The Power Adapter/not Compatible with Wii)

Wigearss 6.5Ft (2M) Type C Power Charge Cable for Wii Work with a 35w-65w Power Adapter-Gray (not Include The Power Adapter/not Compatible with Wii U

1708299390308.jpeg

SO YOU NEED A MINIMUM 35 WATTS USB-C CHARGER

Here is the official Wii U power brick (from my room)
yeah at the official page of Nintendo support is hidden but there is:
1708299545443.jpeg

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess with the 35W minimum I can supply the Wii U only. If anything is plugged afterwards... The OEM transformer doesn't have 75W for nothing. So I should go for 75W (depending on the price 😂) At the end of the day maybe I will stay with the original PSU ^^.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I guess with the 35W minimum I can supply the Wii U only. If anything is plugged afterwards... The OEM transformer doesn't have 75W for nothing. So I should go for 75W (depending on the price 😂) At the end of the day maybe I will stay with the original PSU ^^.
Any PSU must be over ranged because if the console is drawing the max constantly and there is a surge the PSU must be able to handle it.

I am going to edit my old post to not confuse anybody will read them later.

Last edited by impeeza,

lumpyth0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
None risks to BURN my brand new White Japanese Wii U 32gb with black back ports, samsung nand and European region firmware ? She is extremely rare 😭
I don't it's rare, mine is PAL Australian MK 8 bundled version, brought on the week when Nintendo announced stop manufacturing Wii U and it uses Samsung NAND.

European version with Samsung NAND is rare? Never heard this before, mine is PAL Australian MK 8 bundled version, brought on the week when Nintendo announced stop manufacturing Wii U and it uses Samsung NAND.

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't it's rare, mine is PAL Australian MK 8 bundled version, brought on the week when Nintendo announced stop manufacturing Wii U and it uses Samsung NAND.

European version with Samsung NAND is rare? Never heard this before, mine is PAL Australian MK 8 bundled version, brought on the week when Nintendo announced stop manufacturing Wii U and it uses Samsung NAND.
No I said its rare because it's a White 32gb modele, a Japanese one, with the region firmware changed to european. And luckily with a good nand.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto