Hardware PCH-1000 ZA02 -- Any downside to this model in terms of functionality versus the newer ones?

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And does it typically come with older firmware? I found it on amazon here and I haven't decided if I'll get a new one or used (if I get it at all). I'm completely new to the Vita scene but I think I'd like to try getting one and modding it. I used to have a spirited green MGS edition PSP that I loved using for PS1 emulation and such, and this kind of seems like a logical transition. I'm also a sucker for white, so I'd like to get one in good condition that I'll hopefully be able to mod.

How does this deal look to you vets? Are there any notable compromises I'll need to make considering it's the older model and an import (aside from the reversal of X and O that I've read about)? Is it likely that the CFW will be 3.60 or lower?

Thanks in advance for any info.

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Except heavier and fatter(obviously) there are no real downside to 1000 model. It has clearer screen and better build quality. There's a chance for screen burn in if you left it at still image for too long(too long mean >12hrs based on what i read), but the vita have auto sleep function to prevent that. I have a used 1000 model and the screen is still perfect. Just make sure you get 3.60 if you want hack.
I will recommend you to get a used one it's much cheaper (usually >1/3 than the one you linked) if you can find one with white color, i don't really know price for the new one though.

Reactions: Alacres

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As for firmware it said "Last stock firmware for PCH-1000 ZA02 is 1.63. If it comes with newer firmware and you ordered a new one, return it." so yes it should come with lower than 3.60 or you can return it.

Reactions: Alacres

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1