PC Speakers

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lee060282, Mar 19, 2009.

Mar 19, 2009

PC Speakers by Lee060282 at 12:43 PM (857 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Lee060282
    OP

Newcomer Lee060282 Member

United Kingdom
    Im looking to buy some new pc speakers in the UK, I already have a cheap 5.1 set up but im wanting something with abit of POWER! maybe something with enough bass to hit the brown note... Anyone got any good recommendations or links? Not too fussed about the price range as long as it dosn't take the p**s. Thanks for your time.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Geared for the PC: good luck.

I will however say mod your existing kit:
    5:1 speakers are nothing special as far as electronics go, the only reason for the central "hub" is to have a unified control point (you can use multiple normal speakers to make ?.1 setup). The controls and the like are probably more than adequate for most people but it is the actual speaker where things come undone for audio quality.

Even though the little speakers are small they are probably quite powerful in terms of wattage (not that it is hard to scale up or down) and you can probably source some good speakers of equivalent wattage (old stereos are a great place to look). There is usually a dedicated speaker shop in even decent sized town/city I have been in lately.

3. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    go with logitech's biggest, baddest speakers.

on the PC, they don't get too much better without going professional.

i believe logitech also offers coax and optical SPDIF standard on their more expensive sets. that's along with the the individual speaker jacks as well.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers...24&cl=us,en
    those are THX certifiied. and MUCH cheaper if you look around. amazon sells them at nearly half off the retail.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    +1 to the logitech z-5500

5. Lee060282
    OP

Newcomer Lee060282 Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply's. will have a look at the logitech and see what they offer.

6. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    Yeah that is what i did to my 2.1 speakers cut off the rubbish one's that came with it and wired up some KEF model 60S speakers. Sounds so much better.